Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Studio work with Visionar 141/1.9
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:14 pm    Post subject: Studio work with Visionar 141/1.9 Reply with quote

Hi guys,
well, I give a try to this ROW Visionar projection glass. Mine is in P6 mount so I worked with Pentacon Six TL. Focusing is bit tricky on that SLR screen though waist level finder. Some samples came out not too sharp - focused as I expected but some better as it could be for such small dof. Took one expired Kodak 400VC in 220 type and run it through. That's good for studio work, indeed. You don't have to change roll every 12 or 13 pictures. Scanned with my Epson V600.
Have a look.

Untitled by Martin Hruboš, on Flickr

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh! Do you know who I immediately thought of when I went through those renderings? Julia Margaret Cameron. I hope that doesn't offend.

I really like them spleenone. Talk about 3d pop, the subject almost jumps off the page in some of them. Thanks for sharing Like 1 . In #2, I'm sure if I wait long enough the subject will turn her head to me and speak!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

very well done!! Like 1 Like 1 Like 1

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Top!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks everyone=)

Sciolist wrote:
Oh! Do you know who I immediately thought of when I went through those renderings? Julia Margaret Cameron. I hope that doesn't offend.

So you think that the model looks like her? Maybe there is some similiarity.

Sciolist wrote:
I really like them spleenone. Talk about 3d pop, the subject almost jumps off the page in some of them. Thanks for sharing Like 1 . In #2, I'm sure if I wait long enough the subject will turn her head to me and speak!

Yes, that lens is special. In terms of using it replaces in some way my Sonnar 180/2.8. Visionar nicely fit in combo with Flektogon 50/4. THere is a chance that I use that Sonnar latter of course. Mainly for its constancy. And using lower f-stop ofcourse=) due Visionar haven't aperture.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="spleenone"]

So you think that the model looks like her? Maybe there is some similiarity.

No, the rendering reminded me of her photography, that was all really. She was a Victorian photographer (only 1864-1875 really), who converted her coalhouse to a darkroom and began producing images that absolutely rocked the British photography establishment (in a bad way). They were having kittens at her deliberate use of OOF to catch the subject the way she wanted to. She is now regarded in the UK as significant and regularly exhibited.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 small Like 1 small Dreamful images

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Bernhard.

Sciolist wrote:

No, the rendering reminded me of her photography, that was all really. She was a Victorian photographer (only 1864-1875 really), who converted her coalhouse to a darkroom and began producing images that absolutely rocked the British photography establishment (in a bad way). They were having kittens at her deliberate use of OOF to catch the subject the way she wanted to. She is now regarded in the UK as significant and regularly exhibited.

Well, that's a compliment for me. So thank you. I found some articles about her so I will have some reading.