Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Street Band
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:08 am    Post subject: Street Band Reply with quote

Chinon CE-3, Vivitar Series 1 35-85mm F2.8 @ F5.6. Fuji Neopan 400 developed in Ilfosol.

Unfortunately, the batteries in the camera had died without me noticing which resulted in overexposure of half of the film and I had a few issues developing this film ending up with only 3 keepers. I don't really like the look of this film so will try some HP5 next.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good capture. A tiny bit contrasty, maybe, but I find it adds strength to the subject along with the tight framing.
martinsmith99 wrote:
I don't really like the look of this film so will try some HP5 next
I think you won't be disappointed by HP5+ though I never tried Neopan.

Cheers, Marty

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Street Band Reply with quote

We've found the Rolling Stones again ^.^
nice capture and great b&w range, though the wall hurts the eyes :s

Same for me i'm not a huge Neopan fan, tried once the 400 with a meh result. With HP5 you shouldn't be disseapointed either. Big plus it can be pushed easily.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the replies.

Neopan has been jinxed I feel. I had 4 rolls of the stuff and had camera problems with each roll.

I'm moving to HP5 for faster film and trying some Foma for med speed. Not sure I'll bother with slow film given my location.... Laughing