Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Strange Large screw mount lens Not M42 -more like 55mm rear
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Info I found

http://www.pentaconsix.com/12mk.htm

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oldhand wrote:
Basilisk wrote:
If it was for 6x7 film, it would be a super-wide angle surely?

Well, it is 36cm or 360mm if I have read it correctly - so telephoto definitely.
It would be a lot easier if every manufacturer used the same units of measurement as they do now, but I guess back then there was no agreed standard.
Interesting looking lens
OH

Conventions take time to become the norm, Inches, then cm, and now finally mm, I doubt we'll switch to something else.
It's interesting when I look at my different hobbies how some things become standard, lenses and which direction the focus ring turns, motorcycles and which side the shifter is on, cars and the left vs right hand drive.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oldhand wrote:
Basilisk wrote:
If it was for 6x7 film, it would be a super-wide angle surely?

Well, it is 36cm or 360mm if I have read it correctly - so telephoto definitely.
It would be a lot easier if every manufacturer used the same units of measurement as they do now, but I guess back then there was no agreed standard.
Interesting looking lens
OH

Sorry, I read as 36mm - DOH

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2020 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

David wrote:
Bronica S2A 57mm x 1mm thread mount? If so, it has a 101.7mm flange focal distance.

I measured the diameters of the medium format lens TM and the M42 lens TM on my laptop screen, and my result was that the medium format Schneider lens has a mount diameter of 57mm. So, especially if the pitch is 1mm, I really am convinced that David was spot on in this case.

(This is my first message as a new registered user, but I for sure have had good use of MFlenses through the years. I'm very grateful for all interesting information from contributing users!)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2020 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thankfully we only have 3 to deal with, Inch, cm, and MM.