Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Strange Beston lens, missing parts?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:21 am    Post subject: Strange Beston lens, missing parts? Reply with quote

Could you please help me identify the mount of this lens? It is one of those ultra low cost Beston lenses. I have bought it for 2 euros just out of curiosity and it is a bit awkward. It looks to be complete as a package. It has both caps with the rear of the lens seem to be missing the aperture setting ring. However, the lens fits perfectly to its rear cap with the release switch seating nicely in its notch on the cap.
Is it possible that the lens is missing a part of its rear assembly? Could it be that it is some sort of interchangeable mount similar to that of Tamron's adaptall?

Another strange thing that I have came across for the first time is the vivitar UV filter that comes integrated to a lens hood. But that is another story

Last edited by zanxion72 on Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:38 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guessed correctly. Interchangeable mount that incorporates the aperture ring. This looks like a 1980s era lens. I don't know who the manufacturer is.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go figure now how can I find a mount for this. I will keep it though. It looks nice in its leather case and who knows, a mount to one of my cameras might pop up somewhere. It is also too small, somewhat wider than a Jupiter-8 lens. Smile

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same mount discussed here:

http://forum.mflenses.com/which-mount-t48242.html

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would rather say the mounting is missing Click here to see on Ebay .

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is a Tamron Adapt-A-matic mount lens. Great, thank you! There was no way I could identify that mount. Actually I was not even aware of the existence of the Tamron Adapt-A-matic lenses.
I'll keep is as it is a tinny lens. I had a look at ebay for Adapt-A-matic mounts and they are a bit expensive. Would it worth spending money on a mount for Nikon or M42?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing to do with Tamron as shown on link bellow. TOPMAN / TOSHIBA quite rare thing.
I've got lucky with PK variant adapter.

Gamera wrote:
Same mount discussed here:

http://forum.mflenses.com/which-mount-t48242.html

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed a TOPMAN lens:
http://www.ebay.ie/itm/NEW-IN-BOX-TOPMAN-28mm-f-2-8-MANUAL-FOCUS-WIDE-ANGLE-CAMERA-LENS-MF-SYSTEMATIC-/130853635317?pt=Camera_Lenses&hash=item1e777c04f5