Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Strange adapter DKL to Miranda?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 2:47 pm    Post subject: Strange adapter DKL to Miranda? Reply with quote

I bought this Schneider Braun Tele Arton 85/4 it came with a DKL to screw mount. I figured m42. Nope it's 44. It looks to be 44 x 1. Is this for a Miranda screw mount.?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes. It could be.

This lens is not the common DKL mount. It is used for Vitessa T camera with aperture control build into the lens.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, I'm pretty sure it fits the Braun Super Colorette II.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Miranda was one camera company that supplied adapters so that other OEM lenses could be used on its cameras.
There were nearly all SLR camera brands,
So yes it might easily be Miranda
Tom

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is nicely made with cross hatching grip and the semi permanent grub screws that slot through the cross hatching are Allen wrench fittings, though the brass does not appear to be coated. The interior painting seems to have been done by the user as it also covers the flanges of the DKL mount.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jamaeolus wrote:
Actually, I'm pretty sure it fits the Braun Super Colorette II.

Yes. My mistake to put the "mount adapter name" as the camera name. Only Voigtlander lens can use on Vitessa T camera. Just make sure not to buy an adapter marked "DKL" for this kind of lenses.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some shots. I had purchaseda 44x 0.75 to m42 adapter from RAF. Judiciously tightened it seemed to be OK.
Have I mentioned that I think the Schneider Tele Arton 85mm (and 90mm) are underrated?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are not underrated but nonrated. Wink

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jamaeolus wrote:
It is nicely made with cross hatching grip and the semi permanent grub screws that slot through the cross hatching are Allen wrench fittings, though the brass does not appear to be coated. The interior painting seems to have been done by the user as it also covers the flanges of the DKL mount.

Perhaps a home-made adapter...

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If its home made, I would love to talk to the machinist. My guess is it is professionally made in a small run. I doubt you would set up tooling to do the cross hatching for a one off.