Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Stoory book pictures by Tamron SP 35-80mm f/2.8
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 5:06 pm    Post subject: Stoory book pictures by Tamron SP 35-80mm f/2.8 Reply with quote

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The last one is my stuff regarding the colors. I'm red-green blind, so I prefer strong tones... Very Happy

btw: that's the reason why I like b/w so much. This way I can't do something wrong by exposing from raw. Very Happy Very Happy

Michael

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny same than my DAD , he also mix red and green.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice, Attila! Seems to be a good lens!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Funny same than my DAD , he also mix red and green.

And same with one of my aunts (mother's older sister), at least partially (not completely)

I think there is a lot more people around who is color blind, that we may think. Actually I think that many people may not even know that they are color blind. My aunt find out about it it's not so much ago (I think some 20 years ago or something). Fact is she's only partially color blind so more than completely wrong colors, she perceives wrong shades of correct colors. This is of course much harder to realize.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When my father was a little kid almost nobody knows what is colour blind.He developed a small town in Hungary. In the school if he had to paint something with red or green he painted with other colours like blue etc. Teacher always hit my DAD, because teacher thought my DAD is a wrong kid. It was true Smile but not related to painting Smile

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as I know colour blindness occurs more often in male than in female persons - for whatever reason.
I once have read that it was more important for males to see sharp (for hunting) and for females to see colours correctly to distinguish different berries etc.

Carsten

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting explanation, perhaps true.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will try to explain but this is hard work for me in english Very Happy

The reasons are the mendels law.
The information for Red/green blindness or other color defects lies on the X of the 23. gene pair and is recessive. Woman have an XX, men XY. That means woman are only red/green blind if both X carrying the defect and men always if their only X carries it.

If Orios aunt has a son, he is definitely also red/green blind, because the X comes from his mother and both of her X carried the defect. A daughter only if the father carries it too.

Boring biology... Very Happy Very Happy

Michael

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My wife original profession is biologist, she also told me this afternoon this thing Smile So seems this is the truth , came from two independent source. Her father also colour blind.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Science is never boring, Michael!
And your explanation is logical.

Thanks!

Carsten

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Borges wrote:

If Orios aunt has a son, he is definitely also red/green blind, because the X comes from his mother and both of her X carried the defect. A daughter only if the father carries it too.
Michael

Yes she has a son - my cousin Marco - he never mentioned with me that he's color blind though. Perhaps he just doesn't want to talk about it - or maybe my aunt's color recognition problem comes from a different cause?