Home
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Stock photography service on MFLenses
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Money sent.
No place on that page to put "STOCKPHOTO".

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you ! What you mean no place on that page....

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know, I didn't find a window/space to write something.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah okay, thank you!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Attila, paid 25$, but the comment on the payment is "Supporter Membership Fee" instead than "STOCKPHOTO", i have been unable to change it ...

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stockphoto donation sent.
Looking forward to selling my pics Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great many thanks to both of you!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you been able to gather enough donations to buy the software, Attila?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just sent the donation - apologies for the delay, i was travelling

Hope this becomes a success!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stan, trifox makes some excellent points. This is the reality of the market today.
That said, I fully support anyone who wishes to participate.

Personally, I do not want any of my images sold for stock. There is an opt-out option, yes?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hari wrote:
Just sent the donation - apologies for the delay, i was travelling

Hope this becomes a success!

Many thanks got it! I willing to start service within next few days, we have 4 days national holiday so I must have time to prepare it.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila, I just made a payment, didn't have any place to write a comment designating it as "for stock photo", but at least you should see the $25 having just come in.
Best,
Larry

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks Larry! I got it!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I admire you all for this project, and wish you great success. My photography is not really of saleable quality, and tends to mostly be dogs and antique bicycles photographed in quaint village locations.

As soon as I am able to, I shall donate $25 to your project. I learn so much from your photography and you are always around when I need help with something, so it will be a pleasure to be able to help out just a little in your venture Cool

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have missed this thread until today.

As a hobbyist I'm not sure if any of my work is good enough to sell, but as always I'm eager to rise the effort. Judging from what I have seen on other stock image sites I think that I can compete in certain "non-studio" niches with my best captures.

Anyway. Since I already have started my mental process of someday trying to sell at least something, why not try this approach.

So Attila count me in if you think I will fit and please inform me about the donation situation (I doubt that I'll ever get the investment back by stock sales, but this this is kind of fun, and that's worth something).

/T

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for both of you! I think we can be different in three parts vs usual stock agency, so everybody will have place here an hopefully for success too. I won't refuse anybody , but naturally we will make some selections.

1) photo palette can be a bit different what agencies refuse we can offer
2) we will pay more for photographer and sell less for designers due we don't need to feed large companies, and we have thousands visitors per day so need to spend less on advertise.
3) I willing to collect some money from photographers too, like this 25 USD which is not much and cover some cost from running and help to keep commission to me low as possible on pictures.

Here is the list who did support idea already.
http://forum.mflenses.com/stockphoto-service-start-t43604.html

instead of spend 250USD +100 USD on plugin , I did made contract on rental option yesterday. Cost is 50 USD/month we can learn how software works and if it is fine, I can buy it later to save on costs. If not met with our taste I can cancel it any time.

This is software what I did select .

http://www.ktools.net/photostore/sell-photos-online/

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://stockphotoeu.com/

store is ready, just installed. If you willing to start test let me know. I am working on it , test , change design etc, so put only just 1-2 images as test.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I shall sign-up to help test the functions

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GrahamNR17 wrote:
I shall sign-up to help test the functions

do it please! thanks!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Donation sent.

I'll continue with registration and beta testing.

Cheers
/Tobbe

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you ! Your registration is confirmed, please start to upload photos and test software.