Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Still-life A40/B1 - a 60 kilometre festival of cultures
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 12:22 pm    Post subject: Still-life A40/B1 - a 60 kilometre festival of cultures Reply with quote

Hi,

before I will show the picture I make a copy of the Internet side and text there so it´s not necessary for me to translate it.

>>>>

On July 18th 2010 the inhabitants of the Ruhr Metropolis will be throwing a unique party to celebrate our everyday cultural habits and traditions. The party will be held in a very unusual location: in the middle of the main motorway running through the region, the A40/B1. As part of the programme for the European capital of culture RUHR.2010 a 60 km stretch of road will be lined with 20,000 tables to create a meeting place for different cultures, generations and nations. It will be the longest banqueting table in the world.

On this day, from 11 in the morning until 5 in the evening, the whole stretch of the motorway will be blocked off in both directions and handed over to the partygoers. In the direction of Duisburg, the so-called "programme side", the world's longest banqueting table will be turned into one long stage to demonstrate the huge diversity of cultures in the Ruhr Metropolis. The 60 km table will start in Dortmund at the exit of Märkische Straße and run all the way to Duisburg harbour. In the opposite direction, the so-called "mobility side", from Duisburg to Dortmund, interested visitors will have a unique chance to travel along the motorway on wheeled vehicles of their choice, providing of course they are not motorised.

Advance reservations are however required if you wish to have a place at a table during the day's event. People and groups who reserve tables along the 60 km stretch of the motorway are asked to bring along a cultural contribution of some kind. This can range from songs, dancing, music, cabaret, theatre, readings or simply typical food. In this way all the facets of everyday culture can be found at the tables. On one table, for example there may be a theatre group; on the next a local football club. On the third, a pigeon breeders' society and on the fourth a group of hip-hop fans.

<<<<<

Shot with 1DsMkIII and EF 2.8/15mm Fisheye and some crop

Wink

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remind me when our chain bridge close for festivals usually I am very "happy" about that Twisted Evil

You had exceptional nice clouds on sky, makes this picture to excellent.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

great capture! wide fun, superb sky

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

perfect capture of yellow balloom.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a great idea and a very cool picture Rolf.

patrickh

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am speechless!

Smile Very Happy Cool Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks friends.

I have heard that 3 million people visited this event today Shocked

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice Rolf, I just saw this on the TV news and wondering if any of you guys in Germany would have captured it! Very Happy
Nice to have an international forum with people sharing their countries fetes ,fairs,festivals with their cameras and lenses.
Maybe a MFL lens table next time??

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mo wrote:
Nice Rolf, I just saw this on the TV news and wondering if any of you guys in Germany would have captured it! Very Happy

Yes Mo, me ! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Wink