Home
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Still interessed?
View previous topic :: View next topic  


PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big Dawg wrote:
I now have 3 ASP-C digital cameras and a new K1 full frame Pentax camera with a medium large group of lens for them. I find the ease of use and low cost (like free film really) of digital cameras has totally wiped out any desire I had for film. I have a Pentax 645, a Kodak Master View 4x5 and several 35mm film cameras I just need to get rid of as I do not nor will I in the future use them. When I retired I thought I'd take up film as I now have plenty of time to devote to it, but no I just am not enthused to do that. Since I no longer have somewhere close to get these developed and mailing is such a hassle and no I never wanted to develop them myself, I am out of film for good. Oh yeah...Got a film scanner to find a new home too.
You guys have fun with it but I'm out. Digital especially with the Pentax K1 is just too easy and right up my alley. I finished my working life working 7 days a week 10 to 12 hour days for 15 years...I'm taking it easy from now on and film is not the easy path for me.


Hi, BD , seems that Pentax finally made it with that K1, isn't it?
As far as I am concerned , I 've just received a brand new T70 from Canon to play with (the previous one unexpectedly died some time ago...Anyway thanks to all guys on this planet that don't like the T series from Canon , they keep the prices low Very Happy


PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teo wrote:

As far as I am concerned , I 've just received a brand new T70 from Canon to play with (the previous one unexpectedly died some time ago...Anyway thanks to all guys on this planet that don't like the T series from Canon , they keep the prices low Very Happy


Congrats on liking the T70 and IMO it is superior to the A models (except A1) with their squeaky mirrors and light seal problems. But you can't convince guys who prefer the look of a camera before actually taking any shots...h'mm they must think if a camera looks better it must take better shots Smile


PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excalibur wrote:
Teo wrote:

As far as I am concerned , I 've just received a brand new T70 from Canon to play with (the previous one unexpectedly died some time ago...Anyway thanks to all guys on this planet that don't like the T series from Canon , they keep the prices low Very Happy


Congrats on liking the T70 and IMO it is superior to the A models (except A1) with their squeaky mirrors and light seal problems. But you can't convince guys who prefer the look of a camera before actually taking any shots...h'mm they must think if a camera looks better it must take better shots Smile


Thanks a lot ! It's a good camera!



I took it today on a short walk ,with the 28/2 , I am curious about the results... It is a fun camera ,big viewfinder ,a bit noisyer than the Konica FT-1 (wich has all controls on classic dials ,wich I prefere)


PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teo wrote:
Excalibur wrote:
Teo wrote:

As far as I am concerned , I 've just received a brand new T70 from Canon to play with (the previous one unexpectedly died some time ago...Anyway thanks to all guys on this planet that don't like the T series from Canon , they keep the prices low Very Happy


Congrats on liking the T70 and IMO it is superior to the A models (except A1) with their squeaky mirrors and light seal problems. But you can't convince guys who prefer the look of a camera before actually taking any shots...h'mm they must think if a camera looks better it must take better shots Smile


Thanks a lot ! It's a good camera!



I took it today on a short walk ,with the 28/2 , I am curious about the results... It is a fun camera ,big viewfinder ,a bit noisyer than the Konica FT-1 (wich has all controls on classic dials ,wich I prefere)


In case you have forgotten you can use safety shift "SS" in case you forget to change the setting for exposure. Also a converter for M42 lenses is cheap and also a bit more expensive is the Nikon lens to FD converter. The test on the shutter speeds was very accurate and only deviating slightly at 1/1000 sec unlike the A models with their cloth shutters. Sad
Minus points are\could be:- slowest speed on semi auto\auto is about 2 secs (T90 is about 45 secs) and maybe the top speed of 1/1000 sec if you want to stop bee's wings, and the battery locking catch can be broken if not careful.
Have fun


PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teo wrote:
Big Dawg wrote:
I now have 3 ASP-C digital cameras and a new K1 full frame Pentax camera with a medium large group of lens for them. I find the ease of use and low cost (like free film really) of digital cameras has totally wiped out any desire I had for film. I have a Pentax 645, a Kodak Master View 4x5 and several 35mm film cameras I just need to get rid of as I do not nor will I in the future use them. When I retired I thought I'd take up film as I now have plenty of time to devote to it, but no I just am not enthused to do that. Since I no longer have somewhere close to get these developed and mailing is such a hassle and no I never wanted to develop them myself, I am out of film for good. Oh yeah...Got a film scanner to find a new home too.
You guys have fun with it but I'm out. Digital especially with the Pentax K1 is just too easy and right up my alley. I finished my working life working 7 days a week 10 to 12 hour days for 15 years...I'm taking it easy from now on and film is not the easy path for me.


Hi, BD , seems that Pentax finally made it with that K1, isn't it?
As far as I am concerned , I 've just received a brand new T70 from Canon to play with (the previous one unexpectedly died some time ago...Anyway thanks to all guys on this planet that don't like the T series from Canon , they keep the prices low Very Happy


The K1 has brought me full circle back to my K1000 days of the late 1970's. I love the full frame Digital. I hope you have many more days to use that Canon camera.


PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big Dawg wrote:
Teo wrote:
Big Dawg wrote:
I now have 3 ASP-C digital cameras and a new K1 full frame Pentax camera with a medium large group of lens for them. I find the ease of use and low cost (like free film really) of digital cameras has totally wiped out any desire I had for film. I have a Pentax 645, a Kodak Master View 4x5 and several 35mm film cameras I just need to get rid of as I do not nor will I in the future use them. When I retired I thought I'd take up film as I now have plenty of time to devote to it, but no I just am not enthused to do that. Since I no longer have somewhere close to get these developed and mailing is such a hassle and no I never wanted to develop them myself, I am out of film for good. Oh yeah...Got a film scanner to find a new home too.
You guys have fun with it but I'm out. Digital especially with the Pentax K1 is just too easy and right up my alley. I finished my working life working 7 days a week 10 to 12 hour days for 15 years...I'm taking it easy from now on and film is not the easy path for me.


Hi, BD , seems that Pentax finally made it with that K1, isn't it?
As far as I am concerned , I 've just received a brand new T70 from Canon to play with (the previous one unexpectedly died some time ago...Anyway thanks to all guys on this planet that don't like the T series from Canon , they keep the prices low Very Happy


The K1 has brought me full circle back to my K1000 days of the late 1970's. I love the full frame Digital. I hope you have many more days to use that Canon camera.


Thanks, BD! My full frame cameras are still analogic Twisted Evil


PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also just recently acquired a T70. I recall its popularity back in the 80s, but I pretty much ignored it because I was happy with my F-1s and FTb. I had an A-1 that, by that time, was not being used much anymore.

To me, the biggest improvement in the T70 over the A-series cameras is the metering selection. The T70 offers partial area metering, similar to that found on the FTb and old F-1, and vastly superior to the metering pattern found on the A-series cameras. This is the main reason why I decided to keep my T70. I haven't run any film through it yet, though. I have six other cameras ahead of it that have film loaded in them and I need to finish them before I load film into another camera.

To me, the T70's weak point is its internal motor drive. It's slow, and there are no external options, like the A-series excellent Motor Drive MA.


PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This topic shifted to a mainly reflex , wich isn't bad , after all , so I packed the T70and a viv17/3,5 and took them with me in vacation trip....