Home
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Still interessed?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big Dawg wrote:
I now have 3 ASP-C digital cameras and a new K1 full frame Pentax camera with a medium large group of lens for them. I find the ease of use and low cost (like free film really) of digital cameras has totally wiped out any desire I had for film. I have a Pentax 645, a Kodak Master View 4x5 and several 35mm film cameras I just need to get rid of as I do not nor will I in the future use them. When I retired I thought I'd take up film as I now have plenty of time to devote to it, but no I just am not enthused to do that. Since I no longer have somewhere close to get these developed and mailing is such a hassle and no I never wanted to develop them myself, I am out of film for good. Oh yeah...Got a film scanner to find a new home too.
You guys have fun with it but I'm out. Digital especially with the Pentax K1 is just too easy and right up my alley. I finished my working life working 7 days a week 10 to 12 hour days for 15 years...I'm taking it easy from now on and film is not the easy path for me.

Hi, BD , seems that Pentax finally made it with that K1, isn't it?
As far as I am concerned , I 've just received a brand new T70 from Canon to play with (the previous one unexpectedly died some time ago...Anyway thanks to all guys on this planet that don't like the T series from Canon , they keep the prices low Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teo wrote:

As far as I am concerned , I 've just received a brand new T70 from Canon to play with (the previous one unexpectedly died some time ago...Anyway thanks to all guys on this planet that don't like the T series from Canon , they keep the prices low Very Happy

Congrats on liking the T70 and IMO it is superior to the A models (except A1) with their squeaky mirrors and light seal problems. But you can't convince guys who prefer the look of a camera before actually taking any shots...h'mm they must think if a camera looks better it must take better shots Smile

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excalibur wrote:
Teo wrote:

Congrats on liking the T70 and IMO it is superior to the A models (except A1) with their squeaky mirrors and light seal problems. But you can't convince guys who prefer the look of a camera before actually taking any shots...h'mm they must think if a camera looks better it must take better shots Smile

Thanks a lot ! It's a good camera!

I took it today on a short walk ,with the 28/2 , I am curious about the results... It is a fun camera ,big viewfinder ,a bit noisyer than the Konica FT-1 (wich has all controls on classic dials ,wich I prefere)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teo wrote:
Excalibur wrote:
Teo wrote:

Thanks a lot ! It's a good camera!

I took it today on a short walk ,with the 28/2 , I am curious about the results... It is a fun camera ,big viewfinder ,a bit noisyer than the Konica FT-1 (wich has all controls on classic dials ,wich I prefere)

In case you have forgotten you can use safety shift "SS" in case you forget to change the setting for exposure. Also a converter for M42 lenses is cheap and also a bit more expensive is the Nikon lens to FD converter. The test on the shutter speeds was very accurate and only deviating slightly at 1/1000 sec unlike the A models with their cloth shutters. Sad
Minus points are\could be:- slowest speed on semi auto\auto is about 2 secs (T90 is about 45 secs) and maybe the top speed of 1/1000 sec if you want to stop bee's wings, and the battery locking catch can be broken if not careful.
Have fun

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teo wrote:
Big Dawg wrote:
I now have 3 ASP-C digital cameras and a new K1 full frame Pentax camera with a medium large group of lens for them. I find the ease of use and low cost (like free film really) of digital cameras has totally wiped out any desire I had for film. I have a Pentax 645, a Kodak Master View 4x5 and several 35mm film cameras I just need to get rid of as I do not nor will I in the future use them. When I retired I thought I'd take up film as I now have plenty of time to devote to it, but no I just am not enthused to do that. Since I no longer have somewhere close to get these developed and mailing is such a hassle and no I never wanted to develop them myself, I am out of film for good. Oh yeah...Got a film scanner to find a new home too.
You guys have fun with it but I'm out. Digital especially with the Pentax K1 is just too easy and right up my alley. I finished my working life working 7 days a week 10 to 12 hour days for 15 years...I'm taking it easy from now on and film is not the easy path for me.

The K1 has brought me full circle back to my K1000 days of the late 1970's. I love the full frame Digital. I hope you have many more days to use that Canon camera.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big Dawg wrote:
Teo wrote:
Big Dawg wrote:

The K1 has brought me full circle back to my K1000 days of the late 1970's. I love the full frame Digital. I hope you have many more days to use that Canon camera.

Thanks, BD! My full frame cameras are still analogic Twisted Evil

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also just recently acquired a T70. I recall its popularity back in the 80s, but I pretty much ignored it because I was happy with my F-1s and FTb. I had an A-1 that, by that time, was not being used much anymore.

To me, the biggest improvement in the T70 over the A-series cameras is the metering selection. The T70 offers partial area metering, similar to that found on the FTb and old F-1, and vastly superior to the metering pattern found on the A-series cameras. This is the main reason why I decided to keep my T70. I haven't run any film through it yet, though. I have six other cameras ahead of it that have film loaded in them and I need to finish them before I load film into another camera.

To me, the T70's weak point is its internal motor drive. It's slow, and there are no external options, like the A-series excellent Motor Drive MA.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This topic shifted to a mainly reflex , wich isn't bad , after all , so I packed the T70and a viv17/3,5 and took them with me in vacation trip....