Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Steinheil stellar 85mm 2.8 proj smokey day
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 9:14 pm    Post subject: Steinheil stellar 85mm 2.8 proj smokey day Reply with quote

Stuck inside due to air quality that pegged the local regional air quality index in the bad range due to horrible local wildfires. (Worst ever in Oregon!) I thought I'd try this lens out. rig: Emount to helical, m42 diaphragm m42-m52 helical, BluTak, reversed lens.
The lens.

wide open. Light is from north window under orangey grey sky from valley filled with smoke
stopped to approximately f8

portraits of "new boss" under halogen track lights. "Kiko" just marked 6 months and is a force of nature. Hopefully his recent neutering will calm his "attack mode" down a touch, my hands and forearms could use a break!

Looking at it, it strongly resembles the like named Staeble version which I am hoping to acquire for vomparison.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Result Like 1 .

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice indeed!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks good!

Heymore would tear off my hand and arm if I gave it to him, starting with a powerful right hook or left jab that always draws blood -- but he was wild living on his own at Kiko's age...

Looking forward to the vomparison. Smile