Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Steinheil Quinon Temptation!
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 11:00 pm    Post subject: Steinheil Quinon Temptation! Reply with quote

I could not tear myself away from looking on eBay, as I would love to have a fast 135!

Would I be foolish to purchase this lens for the Buy It Now Price? Will there be better prices down the line, or does this lens show up rarely?

A friend in my camera club has the only other copy I've ever seen, and his images are purely luscious, with bokeh that is to die for. He encourages me to acquire the lens.

Do any of you have experience with this lens?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=270196833595&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=017

(Am I doing something wrong on the "EBAY" shortcut link? I try to copy and paste, but it comes out wrong).

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have one, nice lens , look in the gallery. This price is 2x more than average.
http://www.mflenses.com/gallery/v/german/steinheil/quinar_135mm_f2_8/

For ebay link need to paste item number only and use Ebay button

Click here to see on Ebay

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
I have one, nice lens , look in the gallery. This price is 2x more than average.
http://www.mflenses.com/gallery/v/german/steinheil/quinar_135mm_f2_8/

For ebay link need to paste item number only and use Ebay button

Click here to see on Ebay

Thank you as always, Attila! You are a wealth of information! I will just relax and bide my time then. Wink

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps price is right, because I never seen in black and with M42 mount.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Perhaps price is right, because I never seen in black and with M42 mount.

Perhaps, Attila! But I will wait, maybe it will show in aluminum. No sense spending too much. Besides, there will ALWAYS be another lens to catch my eye! That is the problem! Laughing And, of course, my budget is already somewhat stretched this Christmas season. Wink That probably won't stop me if I see a bargain though!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is bargain season Smile Look tamron lenses ...

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few months ago there was a Brand New In Box Tele Quinar 135/2.8 I had my eye on - it went for 93GBP if I recall. That was in aluminium M42, not black, and attracted a deal of interest, mostly from the collecting types, I'd imagine, for others that had been used were going for much less.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess I bought mine (aluminium,MINT, exakta) around 50 GBP.Captain Jack said from this lens this is the best 135mm lens for Exakta. Smile Hmm this is not too bad isn't it ?