Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Steinheil Munchen Culminar 135mm F4.5
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:25 am    Post subject: Steinheil Munchen Culminar 135mm F4.5 Reply with quote

So far IQ seems reasonable, but she is a stunner...

Rolling Eyes

Thats it just wanted to show the new toy. Laughing

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, a lovely thing like most Steinheils. You have the nice version of the package with leather case and proper caps.

I have this one with the plastic case. Same lens though.

BTW, the lens head is removable and can be mounted on an Exakta extension tube (M40 screw) and then on an Exakta bellows. I think it may have been designed this way.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It also came with a clip on filter.
Extremely simple construction, which as a beauty of its own. I also received today an Industar 61 (impressed!).

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have this one too and the 105/4,5 micro designed for use on the novoflex bellows. They are both works of art in their own rights and the bellows lens in particular seems to give lovely results.

patrickh

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cant count this high, how many blades you got there? Laughing

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lots with lovely OOF but not as good on IQ

patrickh

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful! I landed the matching 85/2.8 and black 50/2.8 with an Edixa Mat at the weekend in M42 mount, they really are lovely looking lenses!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks ridiculous on my K10D, I'll attach it to the MX and take a picture.

The quick snaps I took seems to say its got a smooth bokeh but its fairly soft at F4.5

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

edumad wrote:
It looks ridiculous on my K10D, ...

I was thinking the same of my Schneider Xenar 135/4 ex-Retina, until i started taking pictures with it Wink

Waiting to see some pictures, Steinheil lenses are simply great ...

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steinheil lenses are very nice!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 4:38 am    Post subject: Sample shot Reply with quote

I was not planning on posting this, but since the thread is up anyway here is a recent sample of a shot of a herd of wild elk taken with the Culminar 135/4,5

patrickh

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, most Steinheil designs are tripletts and some of the best ever made to make that clear. Ther later Quinars and Quinons are advanced designs, thus show even enhanced sharpness, contrast and flatfield. Patrickh must have gotten a lemon, I cannot explain that otherwise.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

klaus
That was the first runthrough with the lens and I am inclined to agree. It does not show any obvious signs of abuse and appears OK to the naked eye. I will try it out some more to make sure

patrickh