Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Steinheil Munchen 90mm 3.5, Cannot Clean
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:16 pm    Post subject: Steinheil Munchen 90mm 3.5, Cannot Clean Reply with quote

Hi, I have a lovely Steinheil Munchen 90mm that have a very unfortunate small fungus at the rear. Usually these lenses unscrew quite simply and you can clean the glass. This one is not opening at all. Just wondering if anyone has any experience in disassembling this model? Any help would be a appreciated.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Zappa69 -- love your handle!

Some penetrating oil might help loosen the thread; give it time to work.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks
Looking at the lens it does not seem to split at all. Been using wd40. Unsure if I am opening it correctly. The front lens was fine but there does not seem to be any way into the back.

Could post a photo but think I have it now. Usually they unscrew on the black part.

Do I need to undo something on the top as all seems as if there is no give at all?

Last edited by Zappa69 on Sun Oct 21, 2018 4:42 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like I'm now into the next layer and still no access to the rear glass. It looks like it is a completely sealed unit other than one clip in the side but that does not seem to do anything.
Quite frustrating. This might be the first lens that has defeted me 😣