Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Starting to finally use my Kodak Medalist I
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 1:42 am    Post subject: Starting to finally use my Kodak Medalist I Reply with quote

About three years ago I sent my Kodak Medalist I camera off to Ken Ruth at Photography on Bald Mountain to have it CLA'd and modified from 620 roll film to 120 roll film. Ken did a fantastic job and I also had him check out and clean the lens and shutter too as well as neutralize the shutter lock lever that caused the shutter to lock up in the first place, The camera is in very nice condition....But I haven't tried it yet. Right about the time I got it back my Son-in-Law (Married to my middle daughter) decided to go nuts and leave my daughter and her three children. I had to stop all projects and concentrate on taking care of that situation. This included working 10-12 hour days 7 days a week to take care of legal fees and get my daughter and her children safe and secure in another place to live on my property.
Now I am retired and everything is back to "normal" so I have plenty of time to devote to this camera. I plan on using first the focusing glass back and some sheet film to get used to how it shoots before throwing in some 120 rolls. I want to do the focus glass first as it will help me ease into the large format cameras as well. I also have a Kodak 4x5 master view that I also haven't had time to play with.
All this to warn you I will be asking questions and ranting some as this process goes forward. I will need and appreciate the words of advice you can give me here as you have always done in the past. Thank you all in advance.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is a good thing to get back into these cameras... I'm dealing with some issues with our youngest daughter and did note that my picture taking enthusiasm has taken a back seat for the duration.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It happens my friend. Also getting all my ducks in a row to retire took a lot of my enthusiasm away. I want to do the view camera photography to get all the pent up post divorce (my daughters that is) and post retirement stress out of the way. The slow deliberate nature of the View camera may help. Or at least I hope it does.