Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Star-D Repair Manual
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 4:53 pm    Post subject: Star-D Repair Manual Reply with quote

So I bought this pre-busted Star-D off eBay. $4, frozen aperture blades. In taking it apart, I managed to make it worse. The rear of the front lens element had haze, which I tried to clean four times, and turned into smear (not just on the edged.) Now it also won't focus because there's a threaded focus assembly and two pins on the lens body that control it. One of the pins popped its thread and I can't get the rest of the body apart to access it. On top of that, I can't even figure out how to get this lens apart and access the aperture blades -- there's no bayonet removal screws.

Does anyone know of any resources for how to fix this thing? I know it's not a great lens, but I'd like to not have to throw it away.

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I don't know this brand/model, could you please post come closeups of the lens (especially the front and the rear) ?

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure thing:

Will grab the rear tonight.