Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

staeble telexon 90mm 5.6 odd 38mm thread mount
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:06 am    Post subject: staeble telexon 90mm 5.6 odd 38mm thread mount Reply with quote

My best google foo was unable to figure out which camera this goes to. I bought it from Blue Moon camera in Portland (via e-bay) and have not recieved it yet but they were very clear it was not a LTM mount and was 38mm. I found that the Argus 21 had a removable lens to use as an enlarger lens that had 38mm threadsbut it is a viewfinder and really not an interchangeable lens as such ( the 50mm 3.5 cintagon wa I believe from Steinheil?) Anyway just curious. I plan to adapt this (assuming the optics are as good as the ones from the arette I showed last week) figuring it would be easier than with the arette breech lock mount.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting, the 85mm Telexon for Braun Paxette is a little soft. http://manuellfokus.no/staeble-telexon-85mm-f5-6/

Do you have a picture of the lens?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It has the same livery as the one in my post last week. The only difference is that rather than the arette breech lock it has a 38mm thread mount. See here:

http://forum.mflenses.com/staeble-telexon-90mm-5-6-for-arette-t78228,highlight,%2Bstaeble.html

I have also picked up an Arette BW in good shape with leather eveready case for 20 USD. The shutter is malfunctioning though. I am contemplating the lighter fluid treatment. Amazingly the meter still seems to work. The mount is odd, the camera has a short threaded tube sticking out a few mm from the camera. It also has a lug for a notch on the lens base which prevents it from rotating when the threaded ring on the lens is tightened. the tube sticking out from the camera is really thin. I find from internet search that this mount system was also used on the akarette and akarelle cameras. One of the AKA cameras had lenses with finders attached to the lens. Truly an interesting solution to the issue of keeping finders with lenses for rangefinder systems.

Klaus says his 85mm paxette lens was sharp while Ian got the same results as you.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I got this lens with the 38mm thread. It appears very likely it is the lens manufactured for the arette. It is identical save the breech lock mechanism has been removed. I took a few shots with it and it appears nearly as sharp as the other example I have. I cobbled together a plastic ring shim to mount on m42 using a piece of a bottlcap. Without the breech mechanism the register is just short of M42 as when pushed all the way to the m42 mount (metal to metal) I am able to go just past infinity. Anybody able to make an m42 to 38mm x 1mm threaded bushing?

samples on NEX 5n :

100%

here is infinity on the a7ii

One more from a7ii with extension tube so a bit of vignetting.