Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

St Patrick's Parade: boring...
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 3:55 am    Post subject: St Patrick's Parade: boring... Reply with quote

I was really excited for St Patrick's day Parade... Heard that my metro area host one of biggest parade in US.. but found that it was mostly conducted by local community (schools and commercial establishments). And it was really cold on that day... temp touching 25F (Other side of river.. please use Google)..

First my experience related to photography equipment and techniques...

1) I took mostly primes.. and it was really a pain to change lenses in cold weather..
2) Seems like, if you want to cover professionally, 2 bodies are "must have" (echoing Orio's views)
3) Try to use one mount. I took M42 and Nikon. I was using EOS->M42 adapter with focus confirmation chip. ANd Nikon adapter without chip. Altough, I took only one Nikon, 200mm f2.8.. but I really wanted to capture perspective with that focal length. With focus confirmation chip, the exposure compensation is in different (compare to without chip), With chip, wide open, no need for compensation.. with step down.. need provide +EV compensation. And, as usual, I forgot to change the compensation when changed to Nikon.. most of the shots were overexposed. So, next time... instead of clicking.. focus more on compensation Embarassed

These are some pics.. (dont remember aperture, except Jupiter was at ~f3)

Nikon 200mm f2.8

As I was not pro... and not even the band..

These are from Nikon 24mm and/or Flek 35mm:

Jupiter 85mm/f2

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 4:03 am    Post subject: For Piexel peepers.. Reply with quote

Why I luv Jupiter...

Handheld.. and the guy waas walking really fast with blowing air simultaneously..

100% crop.. 0% sharpening.. just converted from RAW to JPEG... by keeping sharpening to "0" (in Raw Shooter).

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

YES the Jupiter!!

You have some very nice shots there Ballu!
Great shots of the band and the bagpipe guy.
But... where is the audience, I mean, the people watching? Looks almost deserted.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the results of the Jupiter more if we are talking about colours. The Nikon results are crying for a little post processing. Very Happy

There is no need for the word "boring" in the title. It's interesting for me: seeing scenes of everyday live in other countries from a point of view that is equivalent to mine in germany. And simultaneus these images are samples for the output of interesting lens (this is the reason why we are here, addicted by the same object). So I have to say: Thanks for showing.

Michael