Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Spots in M42 Tessar 3.5/5cm
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 1:56 pm    Post subject: Spots in M42 Tessar 3.5/5cm Reply with quote

I received a CZJ Tessar today along with a Praktica FX. The camera is most likely not working. That does not bother me. But unfortunately the lens has lots of spots inside and the blades are oily, much like the blades in my Helios 44-2. The lens is definitely in need of cleaning. Possibly the blades too.

Is there anyone in the vicinity of Indianapolis, US that can do the cleaning? Or I can try clean it myself if I can find an assemble diagram.

I bought this after reading a lot of positive words/pictures in the forum. This is my second Tessar. The first one is also 3.5/50mm, the newer alum version which is in excellent condition. I love it very much. Hence purchasing the older pancake version.

Here's a quick pic of the lens.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If this is anything like Orio's 3.5/50, it will be a true treasure!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is like the one Orio has, but the lens is spotty/hazy and blades are oily. Any idea how the clean it?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Post a picture with the back of the lens maybe I'll come up with an idea.
Better than that, remove the mount and post a picture with what is underneath.