Home
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Spotmatic SP - SORTED
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:26 am    Post subject: Spotmatic SP - SORTED Reply with quote

Hello!

I am looking to buy a fully functional Spotmatic SP (Bonus if black) with correct metering.
I am moving to shoot on film more and more, and I have a gazillion M42 lenses I want to use. This camera seems a very good option to do so.

Looking for something affordable here. Doesn't have to look pristine, as long as it is functional and reliable Smile

R

Last edited by rudolfkremers on Wed May 13, 2015 9:58 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me check & get back to you. I think I have black SP or SPII that works, with etched id# iirc. I do have two nice working Spotmatic F and a Spotmatic ESII -- interested in those?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

visualopsins wrote:
Let me check & get back to you. I think I have black SP or SPII that works, with etched id# iirc. I do have two nice working Spotmatic F and a Spotmatic ESII -- interested in those?

Not sure, I ned to do more research into the differences between the models.
The original SP seemed to take most m42 lenses without hassle, yet provide excellent features. The SPII is a good candidate as well if it has similar compatibility Smile

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have an SP500. Does it qualify?

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The advantage to going with visualopsin's Spotmatic F and ESII is that they meter at full aperture with the SMC Tak lenses. No need to stop the lenses down to meter. I bought an F specifically so I could use this feature on the few SMC Taks that I own.