Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Spotmatic ES mirror issue, Part 57
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 6:12 pm    Post subject: Spotmatic ES mirror issue, Part 57 Reply with quote

Hello all! I have a Spotmatic SE with the “stuck” mirror issue. I have read all of the previous threads on this topic and followed the excellent repair directions but I’m still having issues. Specifically, I have removed the bottom plate, carefully cleaned the cog, lever and assembly, and the camera now fires properly almost all of the time at higher speeds (500 and 1000). However, 1 out of every 20 or so times at higher speeds, the lever will not allow the pin to drop as it should, leaving the mirror stuck. This happens 2 out of 3 times at lower speeds. Any suggestions for what to try next? I have included a picture.

Thank you!

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 6:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Spotmatic ES mirror issue, Part 57 Reply with quote

Houseofgee wrote:
Hello all! I have a Spotmatic SE with the “stuck” mirror issue. I have read all of the previous threads on this topic and followed the excellent repair directions but I’m still having issues. Specifically, I have removed the bottom plate, carefully cleaned the cog, lever and assembly, and the camera now fires properly almost all of the time at higher speeds (500 and 1000). However, 1 out of every 20 or so times at higher speeds, the lever will not allow the pin to drop as it should, leaving the mirror stuck. This happens 2 out of 3 times at lower speeds. Any suggestions for what to try next? I have included a picture.

Thank you!

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, Edgar. I’m not sure happened to the pic on my first post.

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Houseofgee wrote:
Thank you, Edgar. I’m not sure happened to the pic on my first post.

You can't post images or links in your first post, an anti-spam measure. You'll be ok from now on.

Welcome to the forum by the way! Someone should be along who may be able to help.

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks!

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Houseofgee

(No photos or links in first post is anti-spam protection)