Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Spiratone (not Soligor) 300mm f4??
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 4:11 am    Post subject: Spiratone (not Soligor) 300mm f4?? Reply with quote

Sorry, in initial post I put Soligor.. its Spiratone brand lens...

Has anyone heard about this lens?
This is Y/S mount (?) with M42 adapter.
The lens is big but light/plastic. I got this with Aperture control not working. I have an option to return with Shipping on me (as sold as-is) or keeping with total price of $35. I may get corrected for $15 extra.. in case able to do...
And yes, its 300mm f4.0...
The other issue with lens is, no tripod mount. Keeping this big lens on camera without tripod mount on lens, makes the set-up little weak.
Any views.... Should I return with $15 going to drain.. or keeping it, taking risk...

Last edited by Ballu on Fri May 04, 2007 5:03 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 5:14 am    Post subject: Re: Soligor 300mm f4?? Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
Quote:

I think it probably is C/Y mount (Contax/Yashica).

The Y/S mount has bigger thread diameter than M42, I think around 44mm or 45mm.
The lens came with M42 adapter.
I think either it is called Y/S or YS adapter.. If I am not wrong, it was Sigma mount.. (all were copying Tamron strategy at that time)

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 5:17 am    Post subject: Re: Soligor 300mm f4?? Reply with quote

Ballu wrote:
Orio wrote:
Quote:

I think it probably is C/Y mount (Contax/Yashica).

The Y/S mount has bigger thread diameter than M42, I think around 44mm or 45mm.
The lens came with M42 adapter.
I think either it is called Y/S or YS adapter.. If I am not wrong, it was Sigma mount.. (all were copying Tamron strategy at that time)

It surely is. I wrote about C/Y because you first mentioned Soligor (a German brand).

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have uploaded the picture of lens at,
http://picasaweb.google.com/asbalyan/Spiratone

Will try to capture some wide open shots tomorrow.. First try gave very soft results...
The lens very clean... no mark.. no dust (in one picture you may notice some.. but all those particles are outside)

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I see well it has interchangeable TX mount , isn't it ? Try to deattach and attach again. Perhaps solve your aperture problems. Try to make test shoots if sharp enough for usage keep it.

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The lens may well be a Soligor because they did make a lot of Spiratone and Accura Lenses.

The YS mount was a late version of the T2 mount developed by Sigma. It is exactly the same as a T2 mount but gives auto diaphragm control. If you are using this lens on a DSLR with manual aperture control then you can simply use the appropriate T2 mount to fit your camera.

Ramon

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Ramon!