Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Spiratone (Mayfair Sankor) 105mm f/2.5 on the NEX-5
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:00 am    Post subject: Spiratone (Mayfair Sankor) 105mm f/2.5 on the NEX-5 Reply with quote

As you know, the Spiratone was sold as OEM with several brands, like this one Mayfair Sankor.

Somewhat prone to flair, it's a fine lens with good sharpness and colours but also quite short in contrast. Nothing that could'nt be fixed with a little curves and levels on PS.

My copy has the index underneath, I could probably loose the screws that fix the mount and make it turn, but since it works fine I prefer not to touch it Wink

Some samples:

As I'm getting older, I forgot to set the ISO to 200, being previously set to 800 I have been doing all the test under bright sunligth at ISO800...
I promise to repeat the tests as soon as I can spare some free time, but by now I put them into the LR and did a small noise reduction, to get an approximate feeling on what could be the proper results.

1. My old, faithful cactus:

2. Glasses plenty of dust. Taking pictures help to focus in what's next for housekeeping...

3. Jar. Bokeh seems not to be bad.

4. @ f/2.5 DOF is narrow:

5. Far focusing @2.5:

6. Minimal DOF, focus on the left side:

7. Flower shot: focus on the flower pistils:

8. To end, one at ISO200:

Regards.
Jes.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:54 am    Post subject: Great test! Reply with quote

Thanks, Jesito!

All very good results, except maybe for the far focus test? Maybe the mount is at fault, or my eyes.

It really does dwarf the camera, though?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:57 am    Post subject: Re: Great test! Reply with quote

pat donnelly wrote:
Thanks, Jesito!

All very good results, except maybe for the far focus test? Maybe the mount is at fault, or my eyes.

It really does dwarf the camera, though?

My sight is not really good nowadays, and with bright light focusing from the LCD is a pain... Probably I should do some more focus tests. Wink

Thanks for commenting.
Regards.
Jes.