Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Spiratone 200mm lenses, anyone have one?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 12:16 am    Post subject: Spiratone 200mm lenses, anyone have one? Reply with quote

In trying to get an M42 mount 200mm lens, I managed to get 2. Both are Spiratone, one is an F4.5, the other an F4...The older one (F4.5) appears to have a tripod mount (haven't gotten them in hand yet)...Was wondering if anyone else has either one & what they thought of it?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have a picture of those lenses? As far as I know, Spiratone was not manufacturing lenses but importing & re-branding, so they really can be anything made by anyone. A picture will help identify them.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't personally supply photosas I have not received the lenses yet , but here are links to the auction listing photos...I know Spiratone was only an importer & I think it's likely that Tokina may have made the F4 version

1st the F4
Click here to see on Ebay

2nd the F4.5
Click here to see on Ebay

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as I can tell, there were at least three makes of Japanese pre-set T-mount 200mm f/4.5 lenses commonly sold under merchants brands like Spiratone -

- Tokina
- Sankor
- Cosina

The Tokina and Sankor brands are very similar in general aspect and layout, thought the Sankor is more likely to have the "zebra" style detailing.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The sankors are bargains and good lenses.

I have the 135/3,5 and it's good (not as good as the CZJ or so).

Rino.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got the F4 lens in the mail today & have not had a chance to give it a real test...Seems OK though. It is a Sigma made lens as it has the telltale markings. As an added bonus, it goes to 1/3 life size...Will post some more images when I have more time to test it out properly...This photo is a 50% crop of the original

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That F4 version looks interesting, I'm assuming that is a separate close-focus ring near the end of the lens?

The F4.5 version looks the same as the lens I linked in this thread - http://forum.mflenses.com/mystery-lens-aetna-coligon-100-2-5-t17473.html

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The F4 version does have a seperate focus adjuster at the front of the lens taking it down to 1/3 rd life size....The F4.5 came today & it is a Pre-Set T-mount lens. It had a haze on the inside of the rear element which has pretty much all come off.. Looks to have like about 15 aperture blades!...Have not had a chance to run it though the paces yet but the couple of shots I did take, I seemed to miss the focus. Hope it isn't a problem with the lens...