Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Spanner wrench from MFLenses : Just received
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:56 pm    Post subject: Spanner wrench from MFLenses : Just received Reply with quote

Today I've got a parcel in the post box. It contained the so long awaited spanner wrench to open lenses. There was also a set of rubber cups also to open lenses. Both very well packed.

I've been trying the spanner wrench first to open a Cosinon 135 M42 lens. The rear side lens was spotted from the inside of what seemed some kind of oil.

It took me a few minutes to setup the wrench for that lens. What most has puzzled me compared to the old indian wrenches is the solid feeling the wrench has once setup. The indian ones trend to wobble as soon as one puts some pressure on them. Not so with the MFLenses one!.

The kit comes in a box, like if it were a jewel (it's somewhat!). Two sets of bits, one flat and the other pointed. Even including the necessary Allen key to adjust the screws.

Since an image is worth a thousand words, let's put some 4.000 words condensed Wink

In summary: Highly recommended, a nice tool for lens opening.

Kind regards,

Jes.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your report !

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How much did it cost?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jes ... did you try the rubbers?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Click here to see on Ebay 36.5 USD. +shipping

5% discount if we pass Ebay and you buy here.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hk300 wrote:
jes ... did you try the rubbers?

Not yet, I got the small rubber set and for this lens they were not useful, but I'll try tonigth with two more lenses that I have to clean. I like the idea, should reduce the risk of accidentally damaging the lens.

Kind regards,

Jes.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was just about to post a question about lens spanners.

I need to get 2 apart to sort diaphragms out. Where can I get the 5% discount for these?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

martinsmith99 wrote:
I was just about to post a question about lens spanners.

I need to get 2 apart to sort diaphragms out. Where can I get the 5% discount for these?
I'm in the same boat, and after seeing Jes's pictures, i want one. Should we place our orders from the main page's "Store" to enjoy the reduced price?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you can pm me or Attila if you want to order this part.

Discounted Price is for MFLmembers: usd38 shipped to Europe/ North America/ Australia

we are still working on the webshop.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hk300 wrote:

Discounted Price is for MFLmembers: usd38 shipped to Europe/ North America/ Australia
PM sent.

That price is only a few dollars more than the el-cheapo tools being shipped from India!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SkedAddled wrote:
hk300 wrote:

PM sent.

That price is only a few dollars more than the el-cheapo tools being shipped from India!

I also started with Indian tools as almost everybody very easy to make scratch even on lens when jumping up from my hands.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SkedAddled wrote:
hk300 wrote:

PM sent.

Click here to see on Ebay
Total cost is gbp22 + 8 shipping = gbp30 = usd42.6approx

MFL price for MFL spanner tool: usd38 shipped

So ... MFL members can get EVEN CHEAPER than the Indian tools Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, Alex. Very Happy

Payment has just been sent.
I am looking forward to receiving these excellent tools.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SkedAddled wrote:
Thank you, Alex. Very Happy

Payment has just been sent.
I am looking forward to receiving these excellent tools.

got it ... thanks!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Money paypaled.

Anybody want to buy some slightly used Indian tools.

Just kidding about buying Indian tools.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got today this nice feedback.

"I have just received the lens spanner wrench from Hong Kong. It is really very good and I am very satisfied with it. I have already a spanner set from SK Grimes in the USA, but the ends of their spanners are a little too thick for some of my lenses and the new one from you is just perfect. Many thanks for an excellent transaction, and many thanks also for the quick work from your source in Hong Kong."

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's the feeling of all of us that have bought it... Smile

Regards,
Jes.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jesito wrote:
I think it's the feeling of all of us that have bought it... Smile

Regards,
Jes.

That is great! Thanks!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am pleased that all the users of this spanner are so satisfied!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed. I could not be happier with mine, as my review reflects. Thanks to you guys, Attila and Alex, for making these available.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bringing this thread back up to say a BIG THANK YOU to Alex for the wonderful wrench!

It's everything that folks here describe!

The only small point I would look out for it that the first time I tried tightening/loosening the little hex grub bolts, the hex spanner slipped in the bolt head. I stopped there for fear of stripping the hex recess in the bolt. I'm not sure if it's the bolt or hex wrench material that's a little soft.

On the whole, I'm still impressed.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I purchased this tool a couple of months ago as a 'just in case I need it'.

Today I went to a local shop that started business in 1860. It was a sad day as the owner had emailed me yesterday that her lease was not being re-newed and she had decided to close up the store front and concentrate on eBay and their website. I've been doing business there since 1974.

She had four M42 mount wides in the case. All have some sort of problem and I got them for $8USD. The one I really wanted of the group was the Pentacon - Made in GDR- 2.8/29. I used this tool to remove the rear lens for a look see, There is a small spot of fungus on the second lens from the rear.

Tomorrow I will attempt to further disassemble the lens following the instructions for a similar Pentacon lens posted here in MFlenses using this tool. Without this website I would have never been looking at the lens, let alone see it as something worth more than $2, or have a decent tool to use.

A thank you to this website, the information here, and the membership in general.

And, yes, that is 1860 - not 1960 above.

Hendrick's Photo Supply, Syracuse, NY

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How sad! Hard to see this places are close each after. I am glad you could you use well our spanner wrench. Thanks for Alex we have many great carefully selected tools.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, glad to see this report. This instrument looks nice and sturdy, while kept at an affordable price. Much cheaper than the interchangeable ends spanner wrench made in USA.

I struggle sometimes with the poor quality indian spanner wrenches. Sometimes the job gets done without problem, sometimes a much precise and stable grip on rings is needed.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are these wrenches still available for direct purchase? About time I had some I think.