Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Spanner wrench from MFLenses : Just received
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got my spanner and rubbers last year about the time I got hurt and didn't get to use them. A couple of weeks ago I used the rubbers to take the front ring of from my 50mm f1.7 T planar, worked great. Nice quality tools.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

filmophile wrote:
Are these wrenches still available for direct purchase? About time I had some I think.

Yes available directly from our member Alex (hk300) for members and in my Ebay shop. From Alex a bit cheaper.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
filmophile wrote:
Are these wrenches still available for direct purchase? About time I had some I think.

Yes available directly from our member Alex (hk300) for members and in my Ebay shop. From Alex a bit cheaper.

Here : Click here to see on Ebay Wink

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got a set of the rubbers from Alex last week. I got the small set (9 rubbers in a nice storage case covering 16mm-32mm) as well as the medium size set (4 covering 36mm-48mm plus two lens element suction cups). If you work on larger diameter lenses you will need the large size set. I may get that too as I've got a few lenses with diameter 55-58mm diameter.

I think the spanner comes in two sizes as well. If you work on larger diameter lenses you will need to big one too. Actually, when taking lenses apart, having two spanner wrenches is handy.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can someone that has the lens spanner that is on MFlenses Ebay site please show a picture of it with the other tips mounted. The ones that are pointy.
I need to see how long these are when mounted. Hopefully they are long enough.

Thanks Walter

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, i'm sold on this tool. thanks for the report jesito ...

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Walter,

Here's mine with the pins attached.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you. Wow! they are nice quality. I will order one when I get extra cash.

But I am going to have to find something else if I have to take apart my
Konica C35. The pin diamater needs to be about half of that.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some have used Machinist's dividers if the span is not too big to remove those pin securing rings.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In a pinch, you might be able to use a pair of snap-ring pliers as well. They're designed for pinching/expanding, but you could probably twist with them. Auto parts stores sell them in some pretty small sizes. Cool

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did use also not perfect tool at first time a low quality spanner wrench it is easily jump in my hands result is scratch on lens or scratch on metal ring depend from luck. So I also bought one from Alex instead of do again same mistake.

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

got my "Alex - Spanners" some days ago - super quality - highly recommended. My lenses are creating a lens council to defend themselves, cause i start to open them just for fun Razz

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

still available, please?

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

alex.g wrote:
still available, please?

I'm afraid that not. Alex went out of reach some time ago...
Regards.
Jes.

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What happened?

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

alex.g wrote:
What happened?

http://forum.mflenses.com/alex-hk300-t34024.html

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still have one new (never used) left, price would be 35€ + shipping. As I'm still in touch with Alex (hk300), I can order him some accessories if needed (I know he still have some M42/K adapters)

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh... damn.
Bad old news.