Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Space Invaders from planet Xenar
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 8:01 pm    Post subject: Space Invaders from planet Xenar Reply with quote

only David Vincent has seen them Laugh 1

three Large Format Xenars , beautiful lenses in zebra style

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great!!!

FL?

Good years for schneider's lenses, from 1967 to 1974.

More pics please. Thanks for sharing.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice Like 1

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice set and from own experience, tack sharp.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not into LF, but they do look great!

Are you going to shoot film with them or mount them on digital?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks !!!

The focal lengths are 100, 135 & 150 just perfect for 35mm full frame. I know of a 2.8/80 in the same style but I got outbid in the last second for that one, there may be other focal lengths but I have yet to see them. These three took me two years to collect.

The are like mint and the build quality is the best, the image quality is supreme and I will post some photos when I free up some time.

I have other LF Xenars but they are like enlarger lens style and not as handsome. LF Xenars are great you should consider having at least one in your bag.

Mounting is very simple:
M39-M42 step ring, M42 helicoid and some M42 extension tubes and is very simple, no tools required.
I like the Schacht extension tubes because they are also zebra style, and complement the look.

One seller told me they were used a lot in fashion photography for magazines like Vogue etc., so they are like perfection to my eyes.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They look nice, I look forward to seeing some sample shots.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 small
Very pretty!
Tuzki with lens