Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

SP 500 test shots
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 8:20 pm    Post subject: SP 500 test shots Reply with quote

These were test shot I did with the Tamron 500mm mirror this afternoon
To be honest there really is a lot of XXXX talked about mirror lenses. Even the donuts often aren’t a problem. Non of these has had any of my ‘Retouching’ and I have included 100% crops from full size

Sharp My God that horse could cut me. Mind the lighting is easy going.

100% crop

This is far far away

100%

A bit of industrial architecture?

100%

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not bad at all!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rob, all i can say is WOW..
you've a real keeper there..

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the 3dimensionality of the first picture. At least at this size, the bokeh is not bad at all. Of course it should be really evaluated at 100% size, as it would be the size of a large print. But the overall impression is that of a pleasing roundness of detail.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
I like the 3dimensionality of the first picture. At least at this size, the bokeh is not bad at all. Of course it should be really evaluated at 100% size, as it would be the size of a large print. But the overall impression is that of a pleasing roundness of detail.

Hi Orio. I don't understand what you mean by 'Evaluated at 100% size I have include a crop from 100% size which is from my print copy file at 240dpi. The 100% crop section reproducing at about 6 inches on your screen is more than twice the print size (12 inch print). I don't think there is any other part of the print that is hidding anything? Even if I posted the full file you would have scroll over it. Am I missing something or another way of posting print size?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob Leslie wrote:

Hi Orio. I don't understand what you mean by 'Evaluated at 100% size

I mean the bokeh on the wall. Your 100% crop shows the main subject, but I was talking about the bokeh on the stone wall, I said that it looks nice at this size, but to really judge it one should see it at 100% size.