Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Source for m37 to m42 adapters?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:23 pm    Post subject: Source for m37 to m42 adapters? Reply with quote

So I just got this: Click here to see on Ebay
Somewhat of an impulsive buy but I think the lens is worth something...

I do believe it is a m37 mount though. From my searches there were sources for adapters several years ago but they seem to have dried up.

Does anyone know of one anymore? Thanks!

~Marc

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No. Orio know and Italian Ebay seller who makes custom adapter, and perhaps Stan (Trifox) able to make you one.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
No. Orio know and Italian Ebay seller who makes custom adapter, and perhaps Stan (Trifox) able to make you one.

If Trifox can not do it, you can contact Adriano Lolli:

http://www.adrianololli.com/

He's the guy that Attila is talking about. I believe that if you order straight from his web site (instead of Ebay), you can get a better price.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much gentlemen! Do you think it was a good price and worth paying for an adapter?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I moved it here because it didn't belong to the Marketplace section.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Sorin!

to me looks definitely a good deal. Carbonr or Spotmatic can be tell you more from this lens and camera I think.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I moved it here because it didn't belong to the Marketplace section.

Whoops! I actually meant to put it in "Adapters..." Must have clicked the wrong sub-forum. Thanks.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I get all my adaptors from SRB Griturn, they sell quality stuff and ship internationally. I've always had good service from them and they carry a large range of stuff as well.

http://www.srb-griturn.com/camera-adaptors-306-c.asp

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Real bargain, as the lens itself could have been sold for more than $120 (and the body for approx. the same) Shocked
This is the 58/2.4 with an heliar type formula : http://kajiwara.weebly.com/takumar-5824.html
For the adapters, I have one original (extremely scarce) and two boight from Alex (hk300). If you don't find one, I can ask him if he still have M37/M42 adapters Wink

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations indeed, you got it for a VERY low price. When you have received it, will you please do something for me? Unscrew the nameplate to see if the "Asahiflex" name is behind it (meaning that the nameplate was flipped).

Alex (HK300) had some of these adapters and I still have a custom M37 to PK adapter made by him. I had some issues with his M37 to M42 adapters (too tight fit) so I preferred to use the original adapter. I'll look in my adapter box for you...

BTW: to make the mirror come down just gently push the frame/border (don't know how this is called) of the second curtain a bit to the left. This will free up the mechanism.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
For the adapters, I have one original (extremely scarce) and two boight from Alex (hk300). If you don't find one, I can ask him if he still have M37/M42 adapters

That would be fantastic if I could be assured he would actually send it. He didn't do right by quite a few people in this forum...

Quote:
When you have received it, will you please do something for me? Unscrew the nameplate to see if the "Asahiflex" name is behind it (meaning that the nameplate was flipped).

Certainly, I will let you know.

Quote:
to make the mirror come down just gently push the frame/border (don't know how this is called) of the second curtain a bit to the left. This will free up the mechanism.

It would be really amazing if the camera worked again. I assumed I may just be able to resell it as part/repair to recoup some of the original cost. But a working body would net me money! Fantastic tip! Thank you.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

themoleman342 wrote:
Quote:
For the adapters, I have one original (extremely scarce) and two boight from Alex (hk300). If you don't find one, I can ask him if he still have M37/M42 adapters

That would be fantastic if I could be assured he would actually send it. He didn't do right by quite a few people in this forum...

Actually now that you remember me about it: Alex even has my previous original Asahiflex M37 to M42 adapter (which he used to copy). I want that back also! Evil or Very Mad

Quote:
Quote:
When you have received it, will you please do something for me? Unscrew the nameplate to see if the "Asahiflex" name is behind it (meaning that the nameplate was flipped).

Certainly, I will let you know.

Great, thanks! Who knows, maybe it will say "Orson's R-35" or "Tower 22" instead of "Asahiflex". If the nameplate is still blank then it was supposed to be rebranded. From what I've seen in the close-up photos, the nameplate is definitely original (as the sides of it are shiny chrome instead of matte, just like in my examples).

Quote:
Quote:
to make the mirror come down just gently push the frame/border (don't know how this is called) of the second curtain a bit to the left. This will free up the mechanism.

It would be really amazing if the camera worked again. I assumed I may just be able to resell it as part/repair to recoup some of the original cost. But a working body would net me money! Fantastic tip! Thank you.

Well, it will *not* actually solve the problem, but at least the mechanism will be freed up (and you can focus again on the ground glass screen). But the source of the problem is a slow 2nd curtain; I know how to re-tension it but I won't tell how at this point as the risk of damaging it is too big Smile

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

themoleman342 wrote:
Quote:

I never had any problem with him (bought two times and sold two times lenses to him), no missing items or awful delivery times. As I plan to order him some flanged M42/PK adapters, I can take some extra M37/M42, if there is a problem, it will be for me. Last time they cost me around 10€ each (I took two of them, as I have 3 M37 lenses)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I reversed the nameplate. Sure enough it says "Tower 22." I gave a nudge to the curtain and the mirror came down as you said. I think the rubberized curtain has become inflexible with age. It's not cracking though...

The lens is gorgeous! I'm not one to give anything the title "mint" but this one sure is! Very heavy brass construction. Dare i say, it reminds me of early german lenses?