Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Sony trinicon hvc3000 ?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:32 pm    Post subject: Sony trinicon hvc3000 ? Reply with quote

Hi everybody ,I've seen that video camera going cheap and I wonder if it would be worth to adapt the lens it's got to FF Sony ? The lens is Sonoptor 58mm front ring ,probably around 11-70mm? Could it be a zeiss glass.inside the lens ? Many thanks

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi the camera is an early 80s video camera that needed to be connected to a VCR to record. The camera was capable of 625 lines or 525 on NTSC versions which equates to about VGA quality in modern terms. Its doubtful that the lens would resolve anything much more than this.

OK regards adapting:
Unlikely. If you got the lens off you'll (probably) find that its got no aperture control. The rear of the lens will be just a few millimetres from the sensor and the image circle will probably vignette badly on MFT never mind Full frame.

I would advise against it as it wont work.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, after seeing https://www.experimental-engineering.co.uk/2019/02/01/sony-hvc-3000p-trinicon-camera-teardown/ Isay go for it!!!

From that page:

Quote:
The lens on this camera is massive, at least a kilo of optical glass. Focus control is manual, with both auto & manual zoom control.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My interest would be apsc at least, I saw that the lens is fully manual and that's what got my interest on it ,but if it doesn't cover the image circle , too much hassle