Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Sony Next or Micro 4/3 Panasonic G1
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 4:00 pm    Post subject: Sony Next or Micro 4/3 Panasonic G1 Reply with quote

Both Smile micro 4/3 is a tele shooter with small lenses like a 85mm lens you will have a powerful tele-lens for street shoots, animals etc. If you have same time with you a Next even with AF 16mm lens which is wide and cheap. You can capture virtually everything what you need.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMHO it depends on what kind of lenses you want to play with.
µ4/3 offers access to the great world of c-mount and tele lenses, whereas the NEX offers real wide angles. Wink

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nex, like ep1, has no evf, which for me is a dealbreaker, but i know what youre getting at attila, and i agree its fun to be able to cover all ranges with a small setup. i have taken to carrying 2 cams as well, i use the ep2 as you say for telephoto w small lenses (i like the heliar 75/2.5) and a small film cam, like contax 139, kodak retina, or fujica 605 for wide angle...

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rbelyell wrote:
nex, like ep1, has no evf, which for me is a dealbreaker, but i know what youre getting at attila, and i agree its fun to be able to cover all ranges with a small setup. i have taken to carrying 2 cams as well, i use the ep2 as you say for telephoto w small lenses (i like the heliar 75/2.5) and a small film cam, like contax 139, kodak retina, or fujica 605 for wide angle...

Yes, I exactly thought this.

Today I did look like a Basar Laughing

Robot Star-25 , Panasonic G1- Jupiter-9 , Sony-Nex 21mm f3.5, Kiev-4 Jupiter-9 and Bessa RF Heliar 6x9 was with me Laughing Laughing It was a bit too much...

One digital+one film is perfect solution for me too.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both shoot made from same position

Panasonic G1 85mm lens

Sony-Nex 16mm AF lens

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

its great to get such different perspectives. do you like the nex? how do you find focusing/framing on lcd?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rbelyell wrote:
How do you find focusing/framing on lcd?

Crap really, I don't like it at all, if I use sunlight setting , I can't see polar filter changes for example and even at this setting hard to focus near at infinity even with 14x magnifier. Conception behind this , simple NO CONCEPTION just marketing to save EV finder price ...

Click here to see on Ebay

Click here to see on Ebay

I bought these items to make a usable finder for NEX.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, i agree, thats why i traded in the ep1 for the ep2, now i love the camera! the evf, especially the olly one, really makes all the difference in the world.

now ive seen several sets of pictures from the NEX from different places with different phitographers and imho they all seem to blow out the highlights. do you notice this?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rbelyell wrote:
yes, i agree, thats why i traded in the ep1 for the ep2, now i love the camera! the evf, especially the olly one, really makes all the difference in the world.

now ive seen several sets of pictures from the NEX from different places with different phitographers and imho they all seem to blow out the highlights. do you notice this?

I found on my camera default lighmeter setting was +0.7EV I did set it back to +-0EV , now I think mine is fine.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Before I got the NEX (and before I tried it at the Photokina) I als thought: "No viewfinder, no deal!"
But now, I do not miss a VF in most cases.

A NEX would not be the only cam for me, but it is a perfect companion for a DSLR, esp. for a fullframe DSLR.