Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Sony mirrorless users vote
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Are you a Sony mirrorless user?
Yes, a A7R II
7%
 7%  [ 4 ]
A7S II
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
A7 II
8%
 8%  [ 5 ]
A7R
8%
 8%  [ 5 ]
A7S
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
A7
19%
 19%  [ 11 ]
A6000
12%
 12%  [ 7 ]
A5000
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
Other Sony Nex camera
25%
 25%  [ 14 ]
I use another brand
16%
 16%  [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 56

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 7:44 pm    Post subject: Sony mirrorless users vote Reply with quote

I have the impression that more and more users which adapt old MF lenses use Sony mirrorless cameras. What kind of Sony mirrorless model do you currently use?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I voted "other". Currently I use a NEX-6 and I also have a NEX-5 which I don't really use anymore. Next year I'm due for an upgrade (I have a personal rule to upgrade digital cameras every three years or more and the 6 is two years old now) and the next camera will probably be an A7II.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use Nex-3, no plans to replace the camera, no budget.
For use of M42 lenses and MD lenses for macro I prefer my good old KM5D reflex Smile

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I voted "other" as well. I bought a NEX 7 a year ago, and I must admit it has been a great camera.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can only vote one option but would need 3, have been and still am using A7, NEX5n and Ricoh GXR M
after I had bought the A7 I had been using only the FF model for a few months, lately again I prefer using the Ricoh, second the NEX5n and the A7 comes third, each has it's points.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ricoh GXR M would be better if you mainly use wide RF lenses for sure. Corners are better partly because of the smaller format and pictures gets sharper without the AA filter and thin sensorglass. There is of course the posibility to do the Kolari upgrade for this on Sony FF or better, Sony should release a special legacy lens FF camera to the MF lens enthusiasts! Wink

There is also some lenses that has been upgraded to work nicely with digital sensors like the CV15 III which I have and use alot with good results on A7 II.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I voted A6000 - which I bought when my NEX5 died, but that's made a miraculous recovery and works perfectly again.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poll should allow for multiples.. I started with 2 NEX-5's (one got stolen and one died).. Then I got a NEX-7, A7R and I couldn't resist buying a really cheap NEX-3 recently

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nordentro wrote:
Ricoh GXR M would be better if you mainly use wide RF lenses for sure. Corners are better partly because of the smaller format and pictures gets sharper without the AA filter and thin sensorglass. There is of course the posibility to do the Kolari upgrade for this on Sony FF or better, Sony should release a special legacy lens FF camera to the MF lens enthusiasts! Wink

There is also some lenses that has been upgraded to work nicely with digital sensors like the CV15 III which I have and use alot with good results on A7 II.

right. I am mostly using RF lenses. Biggest reason is that I like it small and light, that also goes against the A7. However on the A7 SLR lenses that hardly have the issues of the RF lenses make a better fit / balance than on the other 2, smaller bodies and the A7 certainly has the most advanced sensor: more MP, better high ISO, probably best DR out of the 3. My RF windeangle lenses perform better on the Ricoh than on the A7 even in crop mode ( see: http://forum.mflenses.com/cv-wide-angle-lenses-compared-on-sony-a7-and-ricoh-gxr-m-t74673.html )
I had waited long before getting the A7 because I had been hoping that Sony would bring forth a FF model with articulating EVF. I am amazed why not more users are adamant about the EVF to be articulating. This and the size difference are the main reasons why often I prefer the NEX5n and Ricoh GXR M. The GXR M is slow but I like it's use and output.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use an a6000 and occasionally (for more adventurous photography :-p) a NEX 3N.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use mainly my Ricoh GXR-Ms with RF lenses from Voigtländer and Leitz. Sometimes I'm also adapting MF SLR lenses on the Ricoh. IMHO it's still the the best camera for the use with MF lenses as it was exclusively developed for that purpose.
2nd place Sony A850 FF DSLR preferably with Minolta AF lenses, sometimes also with adapted MF lenses.
My other cameras are only used for special tasks where it may make sense; e.g. Fujica AX lenses on the NEX or so....
The A7 doesn't make sense for me as it operates best only with Sony-E lenses for which it was developed. I would hate the idea to buy new lenses for that reason.

@Andreas, thanks for sharing your experience with the A7. It shows that it was the right decision for me to refrain from the A7 hype. Wink

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also would have checked more than one option. I have an a6000 but recently got an a7 which has now become my main camera.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tb_a wrote:

@Andreas, thanks for sharing your experience with the A7. It shows that it was the right decision for me to refrain from the A7 hype. Wink

Thomas as much as I understand your personal camera set up, and since you already have a digital FF camera most likely the A7 doesn't make much sense for you. For me personally it also doesn't but my lens collection deserved to used on a FF body. Not sure if I would buy again but I am happy about the experience and the possibility.
However the 'A7 hype', as you call it, imo is very, very much justified: A digital FF camera that much smaller, lighter, cheaper than anything offered before and taking that many more lenses deserves it big time!! Also the variety there already is, MP monster, high ISO monster, great also for video lately even with in body stabilization and a quite good lens set up created in a very short time, quite amazing. NEX5 and Alpha 6 line imo deserve big kudos too.

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

a5000 here and sometimes the old trusty Nex3.I still prefere the next soft and butons layout.
The FF sonys are way too highly priced for me...

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very happy A7 user here, still have my old NEX-3, never use it anymore though.... The A3000 went to our daughter who's 14, she used a Sony DSLR-A330 before (sold that one) and now she has found the way to the Konica Hexanon closet!

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For six or seven years I used abusively have a Panasonic G1 as the only camera. I could not use my old angle lenses, which were with my old Canon AE-1. I resisted the temptation to buy a mirrorless APS, because the wideangle lost almost all its charm. I was disappointed the A7: had no stabilization (I not forgive two-step value). Finally came the II series, stabilized, and I had no excuse.

My G1 is skinned, scuffed, beaten, their dials are slack, see the bayonet sags when attaching a lens of more than 500 grams, the battery compartment almost not close... I can not sell it, it has no value, nor is reliable, she deserves some rest.

I bought a Sony, it is the only brand to offer me compatibility with my glasses in FF, plus stabilized, content size and weight, and not intimidating aspect.

Happy shots!