Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

SONY announced uncompressed RAW!
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nordentro wrote:
End users must be able to decide for themselves whether they want RAW or cRAW, not the engineers from Sony.

More or less what I said before, but probably 99% of end users will never use uncompressed RAW because they are perfectly satisfied with cRAW. Moreover, in this world there is no free lunch, so guess who ultimately pays for any new feature, useful or useless, that a manufacturer introduces in a product. The end users!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use it! Filesize went up to 47MB Wink

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D800 file size is 50-52M.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nordentro wrote:
I`m updating now! Whoo Turtle

Lars, thanks for the update. I will update later, too! Like 1 small

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hasan wrote:
Nordentro wrote:
I`m updating now! Whoo Turtle

Lars, thanks for the update. I will update later, too! Like 1 small

Hello! This is great news. Could you tell me, where the link for the firmware update is?

Thank you.

tf

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/content/cnt-dwnl/prd-dime/sony-ilce7m2-firmware-update-ver200-win/ILCE-7M2

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It makes sense only if you're shooting still life or editorial
If you do weddings, sports etc. it's a total waste of disk space, because you compromise a lot more IQ by shooting action hand-held than you do from a compressed RAW.