Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Sony Alpha and manual lenses
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 7:30 pm    Post subject: Re: SONY A7 / A7R Adapter Reply with quote

alvarossorio wrote:
OPAL wrote:
Before I am going to buy me the SONY A7, I've to test my C/Y Zeiss glasses first with an C/Y > Sony NEX adapter. A friend of mine, has the A7, and I've bought me an well made and precise adapter, and I had a chance to test my C/Y Zeiss Distagon T* 3,5/15mm and C/Y Zeiss Distagon T* 4.0/18mm with it. Both extreme wide angle lenses worked fine with the SONY A7! This was my major goal, that I am going to buy me the SONY A7 soon! Both lenses are presently work fine too, also with adaptors on my comparable heavy and bulky CANON 5DMkII! I don't want and need this anymore, since I was holding the SONY A7 in my hands! Finito! Wink

Interesting piece of information. What adapter did you use?

It would be very nice if you could post some pictures taken with Sony A7 and Zeiss 15 f3.5 and 18 f4. Some people report Sony A7 has some issues with wide angles.

Thanks,
Alvaro.

Same here Smile

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 7:51 am    Post subject: Re: SONY A7 / A7R Adapter Reply with quote

alvarossorio wrote:
Some people report Sony A7 has some issues with wide angles.

those issues are with RF wide angles only

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 9:46 am    Post subject: Re: SONY A7 / A7R Adapter Reply with quote

cyrano wrote:
alvarossorio wrote:
OPAL wrote:
Before I am going to buy me the SONY A7, I've to test my C/Y Zeiss glasses first with an C/Y > Sony NEX adapter. A friend of mine, has the A7, and I've bought me an well made and precise adapter, and I had a chance to test my C/Y Zeiss Distagon T* 3,5/15mm and C/Y Zeiss Distagon T* 4.0/18mm with it. Both extreme wide angle lenses worked fine with the SONY A7! This was my major goal, that I am going to buy me the SONY A7 soon! Both lenses are presently work fine too, also with adaptors on my comparable heavy and bulky CANON 5DMkII! I don't want and need this anymore, since I was holding the SONY A7 in my hands! Finito! Wink

Interesting piece of information. What adapter did you use?

It would be very nice if you could post some pictures taken with Sony A7 and Zeiss 15 f3.5 and 18 f4. Some people report Sony A7 has some issues with wide angles.

Thanks,
Alvaro.

Same here Smile

I've ordered an cheap C/Y > Sony NEX adaptor over AMAZON for € 12.95, I guess coming from Hong Kong, just within a week! Very precise made and well machined! My personal goal was, especially to test my 15 & 18mm C/Y Zeiss glasse on the SONY A7, before I going to buy me this camera body! O.K. after the holidays, I am going to post some images here, made with these two fine lenses! Presently, I am using these SWA glasses perfectly on my CANON 5DMkII with an shaved mirror. But. I am now sick and tired using this bulky and heavy camera body, that's the main reason to switch over to the SONY A7 soon, with its perfect possibilities to mount almost everything onto the camera, which are not be three on top of an tree! For me, that's wonderful!

Regards

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's probably best that Sony Alpha a7 and a7r compatability is not discussed in the Digital SLR section, as these cameras can take almost any lens, unlike the tranditional A mount Sony Alpha DSLR / SLT cameras. It will just lead to confusion (Sony's fault!) Smile

Sony a7 and a7r can be discussed in the E-mount Nex section here: http://forum.mflenses.com/digital-slr-cameras-f35.html

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your answer OPAL.

Enjoy the New Year with your New Camera...

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tamron Adaptall mount adapter alert:

I recently got a generic Adaptall to A-mount adapter direct from China via Ebay, this mount seems to allow infinity focus, but has a very small amount of slop between the respective bayonet mounts and also does not provide full aperture stop-down for all lenses.

My unscientific observation is that the 28 2.5 stops down all the way, but with the last two stops being partial, the 135 2.5 and 200 3.5 only stop down to f11 and the 35-70 3.5 to f16 (didn't carefully observe the 300 5.6 SP or 28-50 3.5-4.5).

A fix for the China special adapter might be to glue a thin shim of something like plastic sheet, along the track that the cam arm follows, but thickness would have to be determined with care, so as not to cause binding between the adapter and lens, or over compression of the aperture cam.

The *real* fix is to locate and purchase a genuine Tamron adapter (MAX'M), which has neither the slight play between mounts, nor the failure to stop down issue... its issue is that they aren't terribly common and often cost $40 or more, as compared to common mounts which average around $15. If you're persistent and lucky, you can get them off Ebay for under $30 though Very Happy .

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everybody ,could anyone confirm Sony A6000 mount is safe to use heavy manual lenses like 70-200 etc. Or should it need replacing original mount for a tough emount? Just like Sony A7?

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With increasing lens size/weight at some point a camera with lens becomes a lens with camera attached. Also determines which part of the system is attached to tripod, camera or lens.

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I've got the point, it only worried me that maybe the 6000's mount, it's not as good as second version A7 and later,for using manual lenses