Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Sony A7S and low light photography
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:05 am    Post subject: Sony A7S and low light photography Reply with quote

The Sony A7S seems like a wonderful camera and I'm very impressed by some low light samples I've found on the net.

Here's one particular review that I found interesting: http://www.bestmirrorlesscamerareviews.com/2014/07/23/through-the-cats-eye-a-sony-a7s-high-iso-mini-project/

The first picture was taken at ISO 51200

I also have a question; with this camera, can I use a mf lens with manual aperture and use shutter priority mode with AUTO ISO? In effect I could then choose the DOF with the aperture and use shutter priority in order to limit camera shake and let the camera ISO automation take care of the exposure. With high ISO performance like this I wouldn't have to worry about bad colour or grain. This would be very convenient sometimes.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why not? I always S mode + auto iso when I use mirror lenses on my NEX 5N.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent. I've always used my NEX cameras fully manual since I wanted to keep a low ISO.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the recent Sony mirror less camera including the A7 family, you can use auto iso in M mode. Wink