Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Sony A7r, gamechanger, to be announced Wed
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 3:29 pm    Post subject: Sony A7r, gamechanger, to be announced Wed Reply with quote

E-mount, FF, weathersealed, tilt screen, evf from em-1, no AA filter, sensor optimized for short flange lenses. It may outperform M240 with leica wides.

Will be announced 10/16/13 Smile

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont like the shutter button position ,i dont care much for Looks of the camera though

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So now I need to get one of these Super Wide Heliars Wink

We also have another thread about the topic here:
http://forum.mflenses.com/sony-will-launch-two-olympus-omd-alike-full-frame-e-mount-t61841.html

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the camera semms to be designed by the same people who designed the OMD -EM1 .nearly same outlines ,specially the fake prism EVF

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

raay04 wrote:
the camera semms to be designed by the same people who designed the OMD -EM1 .nearly same outlines ,specially the fake prism EVF

A Olympus camera in Sony clothes, I like it Wink I would rather also say just EVF, not "fake prism" EVF Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nordentro wrote:
raay04 wrote:

A Olympus camera in Sony clothes, I like it Wink I would rather also say just EVF, not "fake prism" EVF Very Happy

+1 I wish to have both.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a bit early to be calling it a gamechanger, let's wait until people have actually got to try it out.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It should outperform a machine gun? Dang, it must shoot very fast in continuous mode! Laughing Razz
http://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/M240

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
It's a bit early to be calling it a gamechanger, let's wait until people have actually got to try it out.

That is not an issue , people will take it surely and love it, luxury items have always market.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nordentro wrote:
raay04 wrote:

The oly has a 4/3 sensor, A7 has full frame. No more crop on legacy lenses. Short flange and sensor tuned for it. Especially on this forum I would expect people to see the incredible ambition of this machine--and appreciate it.

Sure, we need to see it in action, that will be soon enough, as I and many others will pre-order asap.

Reminds me of the nex-5, a fantastic camera, which was endlessly poo-pooed for one silly reason after another.

Today it's the EVF fashionistas who think it's a pretend hump. Just for posing. OMG, really? That's all you got? I don't like where the evf is? I hate the hump? How shallow can you get?

Far as I'm concerned they could leave the EVF off all together. Paint it pink. If it works with my zm18 or other RF wides, it's a dream come true for those who are interested in a small form hi-rez shoot the best lenses type body.

Whatever. All I can say is: thank you sony. Nobody else has bothered. You actually came up with the machine. One hump or two, if it shoots the great glass FF it's going to be a huge hit.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I WILL BUY IT I NEED IT AAAAHHHH A DREAM BECOMES TRUE
Wink

I hope it will have:
-good ISO performance up to 6400
-vibration free shutter (for macro)
-a silent shutter
-a fast menue
-no color fringing with RF wide angles

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

uhoh7 wrote:
Nordentro wrote:
raay04 wrote:

The oly has a 4/3 sensor, A7 has full frame. No more crop on legacy lenses. Short flange and sensor tuned for it. Especially on this forum I would expect people to see the incredible ambition of this machine--and appreciate it.

Sure, we need to see it in action, that will be soon enough, as I and many others will pre-order asap.

Reminds me of the nex-5, a fantastic camera, which was endlessly poo-pooed for one silly reason after another.

Today it's the EVF fashionistas who think it's a pretend hump. Just for posing. OMG, really? That's all you got? I don't like where the evf is? I hate the hump? How shallow can you get?

Far as I'm concerned they could leave the EVF off all together. Paint it pink. If it works with my zm18 or other RF wides, it's a dream come true for those who are interested in a small form hi-rez shoot the best lenses type body.

Whatever. All I can say is: thank you sony. Nobody else has bothered. You actually came up with the machine. One hump or two, if it shoots the great glass FF it's going to be a huge hit.

I fully agree Very Happy

I almost feel like one of thoses Apple fans in a sleeping bag waiting for the new iThing Laughing

And if you are not convinced, see what sony can do here

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

uhoh7 wrote:
I don't like where the evf is?

I do like the camera, but I do not like where EVF is located. I use my left eye when taking pictures and would prefer to have more space between my nose and my right hand, like in NEX-6/7, at least for better air circulation. I have the same issue with all SLR cameras I used. No need to offend people who may genuinely have different needs than You do.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

+ 1 uhoh7 and Nordentro
if it was the camera of my design or wishes already there are a few things that can tell that I wanted to be different, but hey: a FF camera that accepts pretty much any lens incl. RF lenses for considerably less than or just over 2000 usd ( depending on model ) offering great aids for manual focusing..one would think that mflens users must be overjoyed. Certainly I am, size and weight ( or price in case of M9 ) so far were the factors that made FF inaccessible to me, now, for the first time, it's a realistic option.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

count me in. i m going for the 36Mpx.

The collection of FD/FL, MD/MC, AR, Ltm, and rf lenses can be utilized.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alex H wrote:
uhoh7 wrote:

I do like the camera, but I do not like where EVF is located. I use my left eye when taking pictures and would prefer to have more space between my nose and my right hand, like in NEX-6/7, at least for better air circulation. I have the same issue with all SLR cameras I used. No need to offend people who may genuinely have different needs than You do.

Oh well, which camera does it right for everybody? I'm just used to adjust to what I have and work from there.
FF and 36MP should be reason enough...although I don't need either. Laughing

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see a significant lack: No stabilization. This is two EV, not a thing that have fun me. Sony has always built stabilization to all models except NEX. Stabilization involves larger bodies, better ergonomics and lenses much smaller and much easier to build. This is so disappointing to think slowly the order... if order.

Seem right everything else, but for me this deficiency is hard to forgive.
Happy shots!

Last edited by anktonio on Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:12 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don´t like Sony as a camera manufacturer (but I like their sensors). And I don´t like the design of the camera, the EOS 5D. I don´t know how good the viewfinder will be - at the moment I can not think of it as good as an optical viewfinder (but I see some benefits)
But the short register distance is a very interessting thing.
I am very curious to see how the microlenses + sensor work with for example rangefinder wideangle lenses - and long Novoflex or other lenses as well.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

anktonio wrote:
I see a significant lack: No stabilization. This is two EV, not a thing that have fun me. Sony has always built stabilization to all models except NEX. Stabilization involves larger bodies, better ergonomics and lenses much smaller and much easier to build. This is so disappointing to think slowly the order... if order.

Seem right everything else, but for me this deficiency is hard to forgive.
Happy shots!

Seen from a marketing point, I would like to release a FF nex first or as soon as possible to capture the market share.
Then release slightly better models at the later time. Always something new/newer is coming. I don't think members in this forum ever need anything, either lenses nor bodies, but just nice to have Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

raay04 wrote:
I dont like the shutter button position ,i dont care much for Looks of the camera though

+1
totally agree!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nordentro wrote:
So now I need to get one of these Super Wide Heliars Wink

We also have another thread about the topic here:
http://forum.mflenses.com/sony-will-launch-two-olympus-omd-alike-full-frame-e-mount-t61841.html

the 15mm is great on the nex5n and, according to rumors, sensor "is a new version made for these cameras and to avoid issues on corners because of the very short flange distance" so they shouldn't go bad on the 2 new a7s

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alex H wrote:
uhoh7 wrote:

Oh crap, I'm also using my left eye Sad

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use my left eye too and I've never found a camera where this was a problem.

So much nit-picking going on and the camera hasn't even bee released yet! Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

leaked overview from digilloyd:
http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache%3Ahttp%3A%2F%2Fcache.nevkontakte.com%2Fproxy.html#go=http://diglloyd.com/blog/2013/20131015_2-Sony-A7R.html

Sony live announcement 11pm PST. link at sonyalpharumours,

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if this is true news, we can expect a very cruel fight for lenses in the nearest future.

I would say that the prices will rise sharply.

BTW - the camera is absolutely all right, well, if the description says what it says.

The mirror simply must go and leave more room for the future and further development - in my opinion

tf