Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Some Takumar 50mm 1.4 shots
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 12:32 pm    Post subject: Some Takumar 50mm 1.4 shots Reply with quote

Some shots with my Taku 50mm f1,4 on my two bodies oly e-500 and pentax k100d.

Hop you like them.

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

especially liked the first and fifth ones.
the file size is a really big for the web.

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep they are big I was trying to keep all the details. Smile The first one is my grandma. The shot is lit only by a light coming from the window. The yellowish tint is coming from table cover that was hit by the sunlight. Smile

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first one is fantastic!

Does your takumar has yellowing problems?

Guido

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well dont know Sad .... I shoot my photos in RAW 99% of the time and I remove the unwanted color casts in the processing software. I heard that if you expose to sunlight for some time the yellowing will weaken.

From pictures I have taken I can tell that takumar is producing very warm colors. Maybe this is a sign of that problem.

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my lens is sunbathing as we speak!!!

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I especially like the light in No.1, the expression in No.4, the details in No.5 and the composition in No.6!
Well done!

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First and fifth both are fantastic others very good also!

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sqwall wrote:
I heard that if you expose to sunlight for some time the yellowing will weaken.

From pictures I have taken I can tell that takumar is producing very warm colors. Maybe this is a sign of that problem.

Yes, I had that problem too. The person who sold it to me said the lens had never been out of the camera case since the early 80's, so if it took that long to go yellow you can't expect it to clear very quickly. I've kept the lens in the (mostly weak) sunlight here in UK since January and the yellowing has now virtually disappeared. Also I think this lens is probably designed to give a warmer appearance than some other makes.

Nice pictures sqwall - thankyou.

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First one is a very good portrait and the fifth one has outstanding colours and light. Thanks for showing and welcome here!

Michael

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys Smile
You comments are much appreciated. Very Happy