Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Some recent medium format shots
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:00 pm    Post subject: Some recent medium format shots Reply with quote

• Film: Fomapan 100@50
  • Developer: Ilford Perceptol 1+3

• Camera: Kowa Kalloflex
  • Filter: Yellow

Fall flowers

Abandoned homestead

Countryside church #1

Countryside church #2

Last edited by marty on Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:52 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello

Very unusual ( old ) rendition, i guess the R100 its infrared film ? or its yellow filter maybe. anyway i like the churches images and the 2nd, good set up.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the positive comment. It's just regular (panchromatic) BW film. I had to have mixed up with something else, the film it's Fomapan 100 Classic. For what is concerning the look I was trying to match my prints which have very slight warm tone due to developer characteristic.

Cheers, Marty.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the 2nd & 4th images, particularly the 4th. The composition of the 3rd doesn't seem as strong to me. Just my opinion.

Good quality. I want to get into medium format at some point.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Squares can pose some interesting compositional problems... and that Kalloflex sure is an interesting camera. How do you like working with it?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's brought the clouds up nicely.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you all for commenting.
martinsmith99 wrote:
I like the 2nd & 4th images, particularly the 4th. The composition of the 3rd doesn't seem as strong to me. Just my opinion.
I agree with you, Martin, about #3. #4 seems to have more strength, I think the angled point of view works way better. I'm still experimenting with square format and I wanted an external opinion.
Nesster wrote:
Squares can pose some interesting compositional problems...
You're absolutely right. I'm still trying to find the right path. The reversed image is giving me some trouble, but I'm starting to get a grip on that.
Nesster wrote:
and that Kalloflex sure is an interesting camera. How do you like working with it?
It's a japanese copy of the better known Rolleiflex. It's a robust and heavy tool, well built I have to say albeit not at the level of her german step-sister. The lens seems to be sharp enough. The focusing screen looks yellow and not so bright, now I don't know if this is due to the age (probably mid 50's) or if it's just that way. In low light focusing can be tricky. The camera has no built meter so I have to use my Sekonic but this is no big deal to me. This camera is also one of my restoration projects, I've already CLAed the shutter and cleaned the lenses but the sync plug is still not operating so no flash for the moment.
Given the fact that is part of a lot of antique cameras I was given from a nice old gentleman I have nothing to complain about her, I actually enjoy a lot giving her a spin from time to time.
PaulC wrote:
It's brought the clouds up nicely.
Yes indeed. Pulling the film together with the use of the yellow filter seems to have worked quite nicely.