Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Some portraits w Canon 50/0,95 Canon TV (Dream) Lens @ A7RII
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 11:39 pm    Post subject: Some portraits w Canon 50/0,95 Canon TV (Dream) Lens @ A7RII Reply with quote

Lying here adapted for about 2 yrs, I've never really managed to kick my ass and bring the lens to light (w only f/0,95, prepare sun to be your #1, simply for being put too much daylight in when wideopen) as one of my possible buyers wanted some sample photos first. Now I am selling nothing! Very Happy

This year I gradually sacrificed Biotar 75, Summilux 80, 55mm ASPH Canon, 85/1.2 FD L Canon and some others, but I think I can't afford to miss this lens creating bokeh just from 2nd person that should initially be in DOF Very Happy

All pics are just f/0,95 - too hard to resist not to shoot below f/1:

Strangely, the center at 0,95 is sharp... (on 43 Mpix I guess)

Marek

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Like 1 Like 1

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Like 1

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

perfect appearance, no 1 is my fav

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2019 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you I guess Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2019 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

An impressive sharpness, thanks for sharing!

I was wondering at which point such a luminous lens renders close to large format, old times photography with its typical thin DOF. I rendered one of your shots to sepia and pushed the contrast. But the shot still looked too modern beacause of its sharpness! So I put a bit more of softness. Now it looks a bit closer to the old time style. Even if the corner blur is not like LF Petzval or Triplets rendered.

Hope I don't hurt you with this experiment.