Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Some pics with Schneider Kreuznach Xenon 0.95/50mm
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:30 pm    Post subject: 25/0,95 Reply with quote

ZoneV wrote:
Thank you for showing these pictures!
I love fast lenses - and I think the portrait images look very good, I would be happy to see more.
I own the 25/0.95 sister, but have not used it up to now (lack of camera for that register distance at home - and the cameras at work need a labtop and power connection).

The RJ adapter that fits the 50/0,95 to M 3/4 also fits the 25. A small, but total vignetting area in the corners.

p.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:36 am    Post subject: Re: 25/0,95 Reply with quote

paulhofseth wrote:

The RJ adapter that fits the 50/0,95 to M 3/4 also fits the 25. A small, but total vignetting area in the corners.

p.

Thank you - but I have Canon EOS cameras. So there is still a problem. I made some macro images with the Xenon and EOS 1000D, but this was far away from its designed working distance.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have enough words to explain the shock I had by watching these pics. Like Boyer's lenses, this one is just amazing. The sharpness is insane.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, ManuallyYours, though I suppose the compliments go to Schneider optical designers!

It's actually quite tricky to get a sharp picture out of this lens at f/0.95 and I am still learning, but I tried again on the weekend!

Close up, the portraits can't help but look soft due to most of the face being out of focus. Here the eyes are actually sharp:

It is a joy to use though, even at 1kg and I see that some of the members agree since I already got an offer! First time people contact me about buying a lens that is not on the market.