Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Some Olympus Pen-F 38mm f/1.8 love
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nurkov wrote:
Anacondo wrote:
Thanks guys! Glad you liked them Smile

Yeah, I like to play with my pics in lightroom, I have some presets that I've tweaked over the years and if I feel a picture is worth it, I process it until I feel it's right. There's no subtitute for good light, though! But yeah, I've been told color is kind of my trademark Smile

any chance of sharing those settings? Smile not sure if it is possible to share presets though

Sure, although it's not just a preset, it's more like 50 or so Smile But here's one that I feel could be a good starting point. Tweak and adjust to your heart's content! Smile

http://www.andresvaldaliso.es/personal/anacondo.lrtemplate

First thing you're probably gonna want to change is the exposure. I like to see things pop, so I tend to add whites/exposure almost to the point of overexposure, which I keep under control with the highlights slider. I also like to experiment with toning to add a certain vintage look, or just change the overall feel. Also, depending on the picture, I use gradients regularly to control exposure (if I feel one part of the image is detracting from the important area) or even color. Lastly, I almost always add a vignette to draw the viewer's attention towards the important parts. I don't know, it works for me Smile

Note this preset will only work in lightroom 4. Enjoy! Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

saved, Smile I have got lightroom 4 so it should be ok, will give it a go later on and post results, cheers

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nurkov wrote:
saved, Smile I have got lightroom 4 so it should be ok, will give it a go later on and post results, cheers

cool, keep us posted Smile

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anacondo wrote:
Sure, although it's not just a preset, it's more like 50 or so Smile But here's one that I feel could be a good starting point. Tweak and adjust to your heart's content! Smile

First thing you're probably gonna want to change is the exposure. I like to see things pop, so I tend to add whites/exposure almost to ....Enjoy! Very Happy

wow, thank you very much for sharing!
but me not being versed in programming, can you, anybody explain to me how to make the info given in the link into a working preset?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kuuan wrote:
Anacondo wrote:

First thing you're probably gonna want to change is the exposure. I like to see things pop, so I tend to add whites/exposure almost to ....Enjoy! Very Happy

wow, thank you very much for sharing!
but me not being versed in programming, can you, anybody explain to me how to make the info given in the link into a working preset?

i think there is an option to import them from inside lightroom, in the presets panel (the [ + ] sign). i'll check it later when i get home, though.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you Smile
the + sign works but I'd have to set each parameter manually, me thinks Wink
and I have a hard time to make out those settings from your list, really..or is that the way it should be done?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kuuan wrote:
thank you Smile
and I have a hard time to make out those settings from your list, really..or is that the way it should be done?

no, absolutely not... i exported the preset from that panel, but if importing it from there doesn't work, then i think you're supposed to copy that file somewhere.

try doing a quick google search for "lightroom import presets" or something like that, it should clear all our doubts Smile

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anacondo wrote:
kuuan wrote:
thank you Smile

no, absolutely not... i exported the preset from that panel, but if importing it from there doesn't work, then i think you're supposed to copy that file somewhere.

try doing a quick google search for "lightroom import presets" or something like that, it should clear all our doubts Smile

yep, I have downloaded a few presets before and imported.
one has to right click at 'presets', then click 'import' and go to the location of the downloaded file, that's all. However these files must have the extension 'irtemplate' and I don't have any idea how to make such a file from your list Sad

if you can help again..don't hurry..anytime when you find free time... Smile

Last edited by kuuan on Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:09 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kuuan wrote:
Anacondo wrote:
kuuan wrote:
thank you Smile

one has to right click at 'presets', then click 'import' and go to the location of the file, that's all. However these files must have the extension 'irtemplate' and I don't have any idea how to make such a file from your list

but that's exactly what my file is, an lrtemplate Smile just download it (right click, save as) and import!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anacondo wrote:
kuuan wrote:
Anacondo wrote:
kuuan wrote:
thank you Smile

one has to right click at 'presets', then click 'import' and go to the location of the file, that's all. However these files must have the extension 'irtemplate' and I don't have any idea how to make such a file from your list

but that's exactly what my file is, an lrtemplate Smile just download it (right click, save as) and import!

sorry for the trouble but I don't believe that it is possible to download the irtemplate from your link.
I only could 'save link as' and that would be a word document, or go to the site and copy the content to save as a word document
that is, the linked info are the contents of your irtemplate but there is no file with extension .irtemplate to be downloaded

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kuuan wrote:
Anacondo wrote:
kuuan wrote:
Anacondo wrote:
kuuan wrote:
thank you Smile

sorry for the trouble but I don't believe that it is possible to download the irtemplate from your link.
I only could 'save link as' and that would be a word document, or go to the site and copy the content to save as a word document
that is, the linked info are the contents of your irtemplate but there is no file with extension .irtemplate to be downloaded

this is very puzzling indeed. i tried attaching the file here but it's not possible, so pm me with your email and i will send it to you Smile

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank's Smile

though I am not very computer savvy, i actually think for this to work the ;irtemplate file must be hosted some place to be able to be downloaded - of course it should be able to send the file via email, my PM is coming Smile

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kuuan wrote:
thank's Smile

though I am not very computer savvy, i actually think for this to work the ;irtemplate file must be hosted some place to be able to be downloaded - of course it should be able to send the file via email, my PM is coming Smile

i think that, if you right click the link that is here in the forum (instead of opening the link, then saving it) it should work. if for some reason your browser tries to change the extension from .lrtemplate to something else like .lrtemplate.html or .lrtemplate.txt you could just rename it. but no worries, i will send it to you Smile

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's installed and works. thank you so much
and yes, that pops Smile