Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Some of my new aquisitions :)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 3:38 pm    Post subject: Some of my new aquisitions :) Reply with quote

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice. I have the 180/3.5 too. Mine looks exactly the same except it's black instead of silver. Still haven't actually used it seriously though.

But what is that on the left?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats for your new Kliar 90/2.8 Macro. Wink

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

calvin83 wrote:
Congrats for your new Kliar 90/2.8 Macro. Wink

+1!

They look beautiful, must be a pleasure to work with. Like 1 small

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you.

First impression performance.

Makro-Kilar 90: f/2.8 very soft, not sharp at all. Colors seems to be okay. Double-donut bokeh present but not as easy to provoke as with some Meyers (Trioplan 100, Telemegor 150). Even Trioplan 100 is a sharpness killer in comparison with. However the lens gets dramatically sharper on f/4. Bokeh is still mostly OK when stopped down a bit. The lens has very long precise not to smooth focus ring and is in MINT condition.

Primotar 180: nothing out of ordinary so far. Average sharpness and probably nothing extraordinary against the sun (very thin hood when compared to other Meyers). I found bokeh to be surprisingly boring so far. On the other hand, the lens is in very nice condition and part of my collection now. I literally don't give a damn about the performance as it is pretty heavy to do trips with anyway. By purchasing it I do own full Meyer Primotar silver production line from 50s (50-80-135-180) but I doubt any of them will be actually often used for photography.

I also tested Domiron 50 more in the grass and was happy with so far. Haven't seen a single butterfly here yet, so the photo results has been rather irrelevant for me till now Whoo Turtle

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love Killfit lenses. Congrats on your sweet copy of the 90 macro.