Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Some more Pique-Nique crops
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 6:53 am    Post subject: Some more Pique-Nique crops Reply with quote

The very bright whites in the sunshine, the deep shadows and the intervening tourists killed quite many of my frames for various reasons, but some technically good details can survive as crops. Here are some, all of them at 100% and with very minimal sharpening. All shots fully manual.

Veijo

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never mind tourists, I like these details. Exciting point of views.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Impressive details !!!!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Never mind tourists, I like these details. Exciting point of views.

Well, under the circumstances this kind of "wide-angle" lens which leaves room for cropping was good, with a longer lens the tourists might have blocked the whole view. I say wide-angle because very often 60 mm feels wide even on a crop body, I'm more at home with longer lenses, say starting from 80 mm on a crop body and 135 mm on FF. These crops are OK for web use and small prints.

Veijo

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vilva wrote:

Well, under the circumstances this kind of "wide-angle" lens which leaves room for cropping was good, with a longer lens the tourists might have blocked the whole view.
Veijo

Yes, when shooting live events one must give up the expectation of shooting perfect photos with perfect framing. It's more important to grab the moment. There is a higher tolerance of errors than with other photographic genres.