Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Some more 'Gifts'
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:27 am    Post subject: Some more 'Gifts' Reply with quote

An Old Gent ( YES --OLDER than ME ! ) met me with his Wife while i was out walking with one of my 'Classic Film Cameras' and they asked if I like 'Old Cameras' to which I replied " Oh Yes - and I try to refurbish them " -- so I got a phone call from him saying he had some 'Cameras' ready -- I rushed to his house and there were several bags and a cardboard box . we had a 'chat' and when i got home I inspected the 'Treasures' -- well, there were 2 Cine Cameras 8mm, Minolta Dynax 700si, Ensign Selfix, Olympus 35RC, PEN-EE, XA, E-500 digital and a very filthy Minolta Autocord from 1955 -- the brown case fell to bits as i wiped it over but on taking off viewing hood all the mirror was 'Milky' with filth and rear lens surface. I used lens Tissues and Lens Fluid and it cleaned up prefectly ! I cleaned leather panels with Neatsfoot Oil and the brown case of the Selfix 820 which is not working, as is the 35RC .
Don't know what to do with the Standard 8 Cine Cameras -- I think I will give them to the Brentwood Museum Photography .
collection

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked

you got the Minolta expansion cards too

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, some nice pieces there - particularly the Autocord! Never tried one, but perhaps someday... The lens has quite the reputation as I understand.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found the 'Bayonet 1' lens hood off my Rolleicord Vb fits the Autocord as well ! Lens is SHARP at full aperture ( now it has all been CLEANED !! ) I have tried the PEN-EE 1/2 frame and the Olympus XA and they work but the 35RC is NOT working neither is the Selfix 820 ( Rivet broken off strut so will lens board will not focus) I used the Minolta Dynax 7000 si and took out those 'cards' as I can set what they do 'Manually' ! E-500 is very sharp, but one lens hood was missing.