Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Some more from Paris
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 10:50 pm    Post subject: Some more from Paris Reply with quote

Played a little bit with the few images we have taken there.

Arcade of Hotel des invalides - with lots of microcontrast and vignetting. Taken with Jupiter 9:

Sacre Coeur. After Yvonne was taking this picture someone from the staff nearly chucks as out. Our camera was too loud :-/
Shot with Mir-1v 37mm

Michael

Last edited by Borges on Sat Jul 14, 2007 11:42 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like both, Michael.
The second one is very unusual and has something special. I think it shows that it was taken by a woman. I don't know why.

Gee you have a strong vignetting on the first image. Were you mounting a filter on the Jup? Mine never did so strong.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I knew that I'm getting trouble with you because of this - it's artificial vignetting. I cannot help, I love this so much.

Btw, one of the most pleasent features of the 5D is that finitely there is a real vignetting with standard lens Twisted Evil

Michael

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Borges wrote:
I knew that I'm getting trouble with you because of this - it's artificial vignetting. I cannot help, I love this so much.

Laughing No problem, I can understand this Very Happy

Quote:
Btw, one of the most pleasent features of the 5D is that finitely there is a real vignetting with standard lens Twisted Evil

yep - but I don't know if I have a very good copy of the camera, but I am not getting all those vignetting problems that some people report about the 5D.
For instance look at the image I posted earlier of my apartment - it is wide open, and its not corrected, but vignetting is very moderate.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With the "kit"-lens 24-105L I got lots of vignetting. But this doesn't bother me, for me this sometimes brings more depth to the images. And if I don't want it, there are enought software to correct this.

And thanks for not bashing me for the intensive abuse of post processing software... Very Happy

Michael

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Borges wrote:

And thanks for not bashing me for the intensive abuse of post processing software... Very Happy
Michael

Laughing Oh no I'm for the absolute freedom!
There are already enough rules in life, stupid ones for most, that we have to forcedly accept. There is no reason to impose ourselves other ones in art!

Art is freedom!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both are great shots! Yvonne certainly held up her end with that second
pic! Smile

Bill

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Katastrofo wrote:
Yvonne certainly held up her end with that second
pic! Smile

Bill

Don't know if I understand it, but if I'm right the answer is: No. Too late... Twisted Evil

btw, Yvonne asks me why I didn't post her own favourite in this thread. I think if I would call her attention to her own account I'm getting big trouble. So here it is.

Mir-1V 37mm:

Michael

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Borges wrote:

btw, Yvonne asks me why I didn't post her own favourite in this thread. I think if I would call her attention to her own account I'm getting big trouble. So here it is.

I like it !!!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Borges wrote:
Katastrofo wrote:
Yvonne certainly held up her end with that second
pic! Smile

Bill

Don't know if I understand it, but if I'm right the answer is: No. Too late... Twisted Evil Michael

I meant her pictures were (at least) the equal of yours! Laughing I like this
last one, too! Smile

Bill

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both are great, I like first one better.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great captures, Michael!

Paris seems to be a photographer's place, apart from the staff that is irritated by the shutter clicks. Wink

But, mate, you go to Paris with your wife and all you can thing about is camera and lens? Twisted Evil