Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Some Macro Images Through Laowa 25mm x2.5 to x5
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2018 7:24 pm    Post subject: Some Macro Images Through Laowa 25mm x2.5 to x5 Reply with quote

All lit by RC TTL flash, twin for A7R and triple for remainder, and hand held.

On A7R full frame FOV from 7 to 14mm. Fruiting bodies of a common slime mould. The stereo is crosseye.

The remaining images are via m4/3 sensor (Olympus EM-1).

Pirate spider cocoon cropped to 5mm FOV

The stereo is crosseye

Expanded fruiting bodies of slime mould Arcyria sp showing wide angle depth perspective.

Tiny Harvestman

Crosseye stereo

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some more images from the lens (at x2.5, f11) on the A7R. (Some cropped). The bead-like effect on the strands is from spiral thickenings.

And some crosseye stereo (uncropped):

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Impressive! A very interesting walk down to the micro level, well and neatly shaped. Thanks for sharing!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice. Right now i still think about buying this lens or the Canon MP-E 65.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dbuergi wrote:
Very nice. Right now i still think about buying this lens or the Canon MP-E 65.

Thanks.

The MPE tends to develop internal electrical faults, unless they have overcome that. Being only partly manual, then you have no function. The MPE is bulkier, which would mean I could not get close enough e.g. on the convex surface of logs where my subjects live.

I have used lenses down to 50mm FL or so at such magnifications and the wide angle 25mm makes all the difference, especially on crop sensors.

alex ph wrote:
Impressive! A very interesting walk down to the micro level, well and neatly shaped. Thanks for sharing!

Thanks.

I knew nothing about these organisms three years ago. Now I am hooked.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent those last ones! (wish you would have been a bit more selective...)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:
Excellent those last ones! (wish you would have been a bit more selective...)

Thanks.

I did consider which ones to post. For example, two look similar at first glance but the planes of focus are different.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is a shot, and not very effective crosseye stereo, from today. It was in sunlight at ISO 800. 1/160 at f5.6, hand-held with support. The magnification set on the lens was its lowest of x2.5 and the camera was m4/3. It could be a little better but this is my first attempt at a Harvestman with the lens.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Like 1 Like 1 Like 1 Like 1

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Like 1

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can mostly find enough macro subjects to keep me active throughout the year.

I turned over a chunk of long-dead pear tree branch (wrist-thick) yesterday and found this growing from a bark-free spot. This is one of my rare uses of f16 on the Laowa. The mushroom was growing downards at the point of attachment but then curved upwards.

The stereo is crosseye.

Olympus EM-1 (manual mode), Laowa 25mm f2.8 2.5x-5x ultra-macro at x2.5 and f16, triple TTL flash hand-held. FOV 7mm wide.