Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Some HDR Zenitar Fun ;)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 2:46 pm    Post subject: Some HDR Zenitar Fun ;) Reply with quote

All images taken with AE bracketing in RAW then combined in Photomatix HDR Pro and tone mapped.

Lucky me Smile heavy storm clouds approached the city.

Shot from my fiancee apartment. Minuntes after the shot heavy showers started.

This is how Varna looks near the central of the city. Old style infrastructre I like it this way Smile

The silence before the storm:

Next day at my apartment. Puffy summer clouds.

A few hours later. Rain time again:

Finale. Seeing the result of this photo of the aproaching storm clouds I almost heard in my mind the music from the movie Twister.

Hope you like them Smile

I used Proxel Lens Corrector to fix barrel distortion and Panorama Factory to stitch two photos for the long panorama.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quite impressive. Of course, HDR pictures are always a matter of taste, they are somewhat un- or surrealistic.
But what strikes me is that this Proxel application does have some problems to defish completely, so it seems...

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The links to the images are broken for me.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now they are also gone for me... Sad

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now they work Sad. My host provider is having problems.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always like the color that storm clouds produce.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, some of the HDRs look good, others look decidedly weird.

I sometimes too use to combine two differently processed instances of the same RAW file, in order to compensate for the limited dynamic range. I never, however, use the best highlights and the best shadows together. They look fake to me. What I do is only to mitigate either the shadows or the highlights a bit, in order to obtain an acceptable result. And I stop there. My photo will always be either a dark or a bright one, and there will always be one part that prevail on the other. It feels more right to me this way.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep the buildings must be all dark in most of the shots but with hdr they look like you have a HUGE flash or you set something in fire to enlighten them Wink