Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Some F 1.4 Takumar action.
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 7:52 am    Post subject: Some F 1.4 Takumar action. Reply with quote

All shots taken at F1.4 at my fathers apartment. The light is only from the window. Just natural light Smile

I am always pleased with the bokeh rendition of the Takumar Smile

Hope you like my little play. [/url]

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, this is the BOKEH! Very nice.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only problem with this lens, is that everyone who has it, only shoots bokeh pictures, Laughing !!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy I dont know for you but this is one of the greatest (maybe the best) standard lens. It has anything, its sharp even at F2 and has an great bokeh. At F 4 / 5.6 its needle sharp. Color rendition and contrast are great. It needs a little sunbathing for the yellowing of the thorium but in most cases this yellowing gives you a magic warmth of the photos. This is one of the lenses that I will never let go. Some of the sharpest shots that I took was with this lens Smile

F 1.4 again:

F 2:

Some macro tests Wink

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i agree, it's a fantastic lens and a champion of bokeh.
Unfortunately mine is so yellow that is near to unuseable. If I took it to Budapest and shoot the Danubium, it will look like the Yellow River in China
Sad

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smile Sqwall reported here cured sucessfully with sun bath , yellowing disapeared.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My friend took one very yellow. He sunbathe it for a week or two and the yellowing has started to disapear.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
i agree, it's a fantastic lens and a champion of bokeh.
Unfortunately mine is so yellow that is near to unuseable. If I took it to Budapest and shoot the Danubium, it will look like the Yellow River in China
Sad

Have you tried to put your lens outside on a dry and sunny day?
Let the sun shine directly into the glass as often and as long as possible.
Maybe you can put it inside on a windowsill, southside.

I have read that this reduces yellowing.

Fantastic pictures!!!

Last edited by LucisPictor on Wed Jun 20, 2007 3:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LucisPictor wrote:
I have read that this reduces yellowing.

Yep, mine is clear now - it was extremely yellow to start with. I started the treatment on my bathroom window cill in November. The winter here was mostly dull and grey, so I expect it would be MUCH quicker in Italy, but one week is a little hopeful I think. There is one element that yellows, near the rear of the lens, so it's better to point the mount end at the sun. I put a disk of aluminium foil between two filters on the front end to reflect the light.

Here's a comparison with the Pancolar, taken half an hour ago - I can't really see much difference between them now, although in November the white flowers would have looked very different.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio leave you one sunbathing and the yellowing will disapear. My fiend call this procedure a Takumar Charging Wink

It will work Smile.

Nice shots peter but taku has the better bokeh Wink

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sqwall wrote:
Nice shots peter but taku has the better bokeh Wink

Yes, I think you're right. I deliberately framed the picture to include out-of-focus areas for comparison.

I also noticed the Tak has picked out more details in places - look at the dark green leaves on the left of the flowers. The camera settings and aperture settings were identical in both pictures. The Tak has very slightly wider angle than the Panc, too.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio, I forgot to ask. Have you checked the Tak 1.4/50 on the 5D? The rear element on my copy projects quite a long way beyond the mount thread at infinity.

I've stolen the clear plastic lens box from the Mir-1B for storing the Tak, without any caps, so that light can get to the reactive glass.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sqwall

Fantastic photos. Never thought the lens was this good. Time to explore my copy in depth.Thanks.

Noticed you have both E500 and K100, how do you use it differently for MF?

Nipon

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my back pack I carry the both of my bodies. So for the situation i pick oly or pentax. Oly has better mpix but pentax has the focus lock. So the choice is pretty situation wise.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah peter you are right. Tak has gotten more details in the shadow areas. I don't know maybe its the SMC paying off.