Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Some C-mount related questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:12 am    Post subject: Some C-mount related questions Reply with quote

I received my c-mount adapter yesterday, it came with a second ring to make the mount a bit longer, and i have read that it is for CS mount lenses... also: there was a Fujian lens 1.7/35 that came with it.
Main reason i bought it: it was a dirt cheap set, and wel.... curiosity!!

Now the question is: i can buy a Schneider Xenoplan 1.7/8. Is it worth buying, as it 8mm's. Will the wide-angle on the NEX actually work, or will i end up wit heavy vignetting?
And what is a decent price for this one?

While you're at it: please take a look at this one too: http://forum.mflenses.com/schneider-question-xenon-0-95-25-t55985.html
The aperture really is extreme, but it has some electronics attached, and a strange mount..... any info is welcome!!

Thanks for reading!!! ....and commenting Wink

Little update: the Xenoplan has a 23mm thread... so it is not C-mount, seller has another 8mm, and that is 25mm c-mount. It's an Ernitec of Denmark f/1.3 8mm. Is it worth a try??

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

8mm will vignette very bad - you will see just the image circle in the middle.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup, won't come close to covering the NEX sensor. I had one of those Ernitec's, image circle was about 10mm I think.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought it would... will cropped pictures be worth the effort? 8mm is extreme of course.... (that's what i liked about it!)

The 35mm does not vignette at all by the way.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like the rear element of that Xenon 8mm lens protudes too far past the mount to use it on your camera.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, because of that i asked to measure the mount, it is 23mm, so it's not c-mount.

Any opinions on the Ernitec?? Are they good?