Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Soligor(Komine) 180/3.5
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your lens is made by Tokyo Koki, aka Tokina.
I have the same lens in the Vemar brand, which was a US importers mark usually used for Tokina products.
This lens has also been seen in the "Tele-Tokina" Tokyo Koki house brand.
The 47mm screw was for a Tokina-only variant of the T-mount that they used for a time in the 1960's
I have several of these lenses with the unique Tokina mount system.
We have had some discussions on this topic about a year ago.

Tokina then switched to normal T-mount thread (42mm) to use the standard T-mounts.

Tokyo Kogaku aka Topcon never made a lens like this. It was common to use third party lenses on all makes of Camera, Topcon cameras would not have been different. Third party lenses would have had an Exakta mount for use on Topcons.

Komura did little rebranding except very early in the 1950's. All known Komura lenses on the 1960's were found under their own brand. Later in the 1970's they experimented with changing their own brand (Kyvyx), and I am not sure if some of their late period zoom lenses may have been rebranded by the end.

Komura Unidapter thread is M44x.75

This lens is not by Komura, it does not resemble any known Komura.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice. well that wraps up all the questions I had pretty snugly. Razz

Thanks for your detailed luisalegria, and thanks to everyone for their additions on the subject too.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, just got my Soligor with T2 mount, very similar to the one above here, therefore Tokina, I'd say. I'm very impressed by the sharpness starting from f/4, I'm, however, much less impressed by the ungodly amount of CA wide open. Most atrocious CA is gone by F/4 but still quite pronounced. at F/5.6 it is already alright and the sharpness is more than impressive. The barrel is slightly wobbly though, so I hope after a little adjustment by someone more skilled by me, the tube might get solid and aligned again, thereby getting rid of some of the fringing.