Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Soligor wide angle lens - 21mm
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:54 am    Post subject: Soligor wide angle lens - 21mm Reply with quote

I was wondering has anyone used this lens??Worth getting??.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a couple of interesting Soligors like 28mm f2, 200mm f2.8 etc none of them was bad lens. I think this one will be a good average lens too.
If you need quality lens, don't take it. If you will be happy with some distortion , sharp only at center etc. take it.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is probably the one made by Tokina, usually seen in the Soligor brand with a T4 interchangable mount.

I have this one. Its not a great lens, maybe the weakest of the old "superwide" lenses. Its soft wide open , has considerable barrel distortion and flares quite badly.

Its only advantages are that for a superwide, it can be found fairly cheaply and is quite common.

As to whether its worth getting - it all depends on the price. Don't pay more than $60. You can take great pictures with it, like with any lens.

A better lens is the Cosina-made 19mm f/3.8 often found as a Vivitar, which is also reasonably easy to find.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Regarding the Tokina-made 19mm, this is probably one, eh?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Vivitar-19mm-for-Nikon-AI-All-digital-FULL-FRAME_W0QQitemZ270466539960QQcmdZViewItemQQptZCamera_Lenses?hash=item3ef90fe1b8

I guess, considering what decent ultra-wides sell for these days, that's not a bad price. Less than half of the BIN price for a Canon FL 19mm f/3.5 that's currently at auction.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Cooltouch,

Thats the one I have, the Vivitar 19mm made by Cosina, mine is exactly the same but in PK/A mount. This one on ebay oddly has no serial number. $175 seems like way too much for this though. I would be looking at under $100.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a sad truth that certain types of MF lens command unduly high prices on auction sites with no regard to their quality, it makes it hard to try out wide angle lenses without making a significant investment!

The Tokina 17mm is starting to reach £100 or more recently!

Don't even get me started on the Tamron 500mm mirror that sold for £225 the other day!

I really need to get out and explore boot sales!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I asked about the mount as I have a few T4s but he said it is not an interchangeable mount? I may get a few pictures to have a better look.Otherwise I will have to let it go as it is a Minolta mount.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should indeed get pictures.

A lot of lenses were sold under the Soligor brand. I'm only guessing which one it is. It could be a different lens entirely than the one I'm thinking of.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am waiting on them.the front looks a little like the one in the other link except it's 72mm not 62mm.
luisalegria could you post a picture of yours front on?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is mine -

http://forum.mflenses.com/back-in-the-saddle-again-exakta-vx-t7433,highlight,soligor+21mm.html

72mm filter, T4 mount.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cooltouch wrote:
Regarding the Tokina-made 19mm, this is probably one, eh?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Vivitar-19mm-for-Nikon-AI-All-digital-FULL-FRAME_W0QQitemZ270466539960QQcmdZViewItemQQptZCamera_Lenses?hash=item3ef90fe1b8

I guess, considering what decent ultra-wides sell for these days, that's not a bad price. Less than half of the BIN price for a Canon FL 19mm f/3.5 that's currently at auction.

Not a bad lens. Actually, quite decent. But that one is way over-priced. They can be had for under $100.00 I used to have and use that exact lens.

Russ

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes it looks like that but it is a earlier number can't tell the first number so waiting on that...?7102075,There is a flash across the start of the numbers Rolling Eyes I am expecting it to be a 1.
Possibly the same as yours and maybe a mis-understanding on what a detachable mount means compared to conversion mount??

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is indeed 17######,Not a clear mount shot.... certainly leaning towards a T4.I will bid and see where it goes Wink

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok it's not a T4 so what is this mount??

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Minolta MC

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Sad no good for me...

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree. Most definitely Minolta MC.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, Minolta.